Back Again!

Use this forum to introduce yourself to the rest of the members...You can also post here to test out your avatar, signature, etc.
All new members should post here!
Drew

Back Again!

Post by Drew »

Hey All!

I've been MIA for a while around here, and it really saddens me because I essentially grew up on this forum. I joined when I was probably about 12 or 13, and spent so much time flinging around arrogant bullshit and getting into flame wars that I'm embarrassed by it to this day.

BUT, throughout all the E-whipping's and my inability to concede another's point or even argue with rationality or logic, I've become a much better person. I really do owe a lot of who I am as a person to my days spent on this forum in my formative years.

I'm not even sure if the people who would remember me are still around, but I'll give a small life update anyway.

I'm now 23, and since I've been gone, I went to college and got two degrees, summa cum laude, in both Sociology and Philosophy. Getting such a well rounded liberal arts education has really changed my perspective on things and made me a more educated individual.

Currently, I'm in my first year of law school (well, my last final is Friday the 11th, so I'm soon to be a 2L!) and I'm absolutely loving it. It's everything I've always wanted and more, and I can tell that's not the case for a lot of my fellow students.

That being said, I look forward to joining this community again and hopefully being able to provide some worthwhile input and start some good discussions. I miss you guys and I'm glad to be back!

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
AYHJA

Re: Back Again!

Post by AYHJA »

Dude, that is the best thing I ever read, and a not so subtle reminder that this forum should never ever shut down...

Glad to have you back Bro, and congratulations on living life..!

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
¡ñ±£¿®∆L Ф¶†ïς@п
Resident Cryptologist

Post by ¡ñ±£¿®∆L Ф¶†ïς@п »

I can't say much at this time, but I too find it refreshing to have you back in the fold.
Do both your virtual and real communities a good due benefit by making your presence known throughout.
Welcome back, Drew.

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
Sir Jig-A-Lot

Post by Sir Jig-A-Lot »

Welcome back,Drewski!
ALL MY BITCHEZ LUH ME

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
RIMFIRE

Post by RIMFIRE »

Wow! Fantastic update Drew!! Glad to hear all is well!

I haven't been here at all over the last couple of years, but reading this first thing, was really very cool!!

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
AYHJA

Post by AYHJA »

Man, these old AF'ers coming back brings a tear to my eye..!

Holy shit man, just thinking about going back and reading some old threads has me busting up..!

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
Drew

Post by Drew »

I, too, have gone over a lot of old threads (most of this happened before I came back and posted this) but one of the main people who, at the time, I thought was just out to get me and I couldn't comprehend the points they were making was RIM himself.

So happy to have you back in the fold, and I look forward to actually having discussions about shit this time around haha!

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
DLR

Post by DLR »

A year to the day, funny enough, I return simply to wish our dedicated and often-thankless leader a HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

My last final for what has been the toughest/best year of my life is this Monday, so I'll have to return to the books until then, but I look forward to getting some discussions going over the summer!

(Apparently I no longer have access to the email tied to the "Drew" username, surely that can be fixed administratively so I can get my password sent to a new email, yes?)

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links