Spiritual Experiences

A school of music that studies the rhythm of nature, a school of fashion that studies the elegance of the Universe, a school of design that studies the architecture of the ancients, a school of philosophy that studies the time-tested Truth.
Aemeth

Spiritual Experiences

Post by Aemeth »

What spiritual, or even, supernatural experiences, if any, have you had in your life?

I am not talking about some feel-good prayer story, or anything else like that, I mean something that even the most hardcore atheist would admit is paranormal?

For me, I don't recall any blatantly spiritual experiences, but 3x in my life, I have had this incredible feeling of foreknowledge where I have suddenly "known the future" 5-10 sec before an event happened (think of realizing your # is about to be called for a raffle once the item is introduced but the ticket hasn't been chosen).

I can't explain it, but I have never been wrong.

What about everyone else?

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
AYHJA

Post by AYHJA »

Happens to me quite often actually, being able to see things before they happen...But the first few times I was aware of something supernatural has always happend around specific places...

The first time was my first trip to Dallas...Me and my family were driving, and I said that I wanted to see Dealey Plaza...I had never been there, never saw a map, nothing of the sort...But once I got downtown, it was almost like I was in the motorcade...I drove right to it, pulled up and stopped...It was odd, because once I got out, the foremost author on the assassination was there autographing copies of his book...I walked up to him and he reached out to shake my hand and gave me a copy of the book...He had the most bewildering look on his face, I'll never forget that...

The second time I remember was when I went to Memphis to see the Tyson fight...After mingling with celebs and walking down Beale, I was beat and when we left, I got in the back and went to sleep...The next thing I remember was being jarred awake by the sound of gunfire and commotion...I jumped up, thinking we were in the midst of some gangster shit, but we were merely stuck in traffic...I was so startled, I kept asking if anyone heard a shot, nobody knew wtf I was talking about...I sat up, looked around, and in the dark off to my left, I saw that we were directly across from the Lorraine...

I have often thought to cultivate or find out more about how I can sense those kinds of things, but it hasn't happened yet...But this 'gift' so to speak is one reason you won't hardly catch me in a funeral...I haven't encountered anything particularly nasty though, and for that I'm grateful...

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
Aemeth

Re: Spiritual Experiences

Post by Aemeth »

Wow!

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
Sir Jig-A-Lot

Post by Sir Jig-A-Lot »

See my Third Eye thread here in Vertical,Aemeth.
ALL MY BITCHEZ LUH ME

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
Drew

Post by Drew »

One time life was really, really weighing me down. I was stressed in so many ways and for so many different reasons that I just decided to go on a walk to clear my mind. I get to this park that I used to go to as a kid, and as soon as I get by this tree I lean up next to it and I just break down. Asking questions aloud, sort of praying, if you will. While I'm doing that it starts to rain, lightly at first but as my questions get more personal and deeper, the rain is heavier and heavier.

Finally when I get done saying my peace....the rain stops, the sun comes out and I feel like the weight was lifted.

I get back home and my parents ask why I'm wet....I told them that it was raining, they had no idea it ever had. Not to mention, I live in a crowded enough area that people are usually around...but when I was by that tree, not a single person drove by on any of the three roads surrounding it, and no one walked to or by the park.

It was surreal, but something I'll never forget.

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
Aemeth

Post by Aemeth »

Wait so are you sure it actually didn't rain? That's intense!

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
Drew

Post by Drew »

I mean, it could just be that they didn't know it was raining outside, they were in the basement or something....I never asked anyone else, so no I can't say for sure that it didn't, that would be wicked cool though wouldn't it lol.

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
sonchee99

Post by sonchee99 »

the deeper the feeling, the heavier the rain? wow.. first time i hear about this kind of spiritual experience.

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
darklighter1

Post by darklighter1 »

How about a ghost/possession story...does that count?

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
Sir Jig-A-Lot

Post by Sir Jig-A-Lot »

darklighter1 wrote:How about a ghost/possession story...does that count?
Go on then. Tell it..
ALL MY BITCHEZ LUH ME

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links