knowledge is power?

A school of music that studies the rhythm of nature, a school of fashion that studies the elegance of the Universe, a school of design that studies the architecture of the ancients, a school of philosophy that studies the time-tested Truth.

knowledge is power?

Post by 5829 »

knowledge is power

Do you think that this statement is true?
Do you think that if you share your knowledge then you will loose power?

I don't think that just possessing knowledge is power, but the use of knowledge is power.
You do not loose power by sharing your knowledge since you do not loose your knowledge after you have shared it.
However you may loose advantage by sharing your knowledge since other people now know what you know and may not need you to do it for them anymore.

However you may loose advantage by sharing your knowledge since other people now know what you know and may not need you to do it for them anymore. Providing that even if they now know what you know they are able and willing to use their new found knowledge. If they can't or don't want to then you may not loose any advantage. But then again if you shared your knowledge because you no longer want to do it then you have not lost anything.
Nudes are played out.
Send me a video of you reading out loud so I know you are not dumb and your profile picture is actually you.

Free Rice - feed the world - play for free
National Domestic Violence Hotline - 1-800-799-7233
National Rape, Sexual Assault Hotline - 1-800-656-4673
Love Is Respect - 1-866-331-9474

~~~ accept everything - Believe Whatever - TRUST NOTHING ~~~~

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Never tell all you know...

Disclaimer: The opinions are my own. Nobody else wants them.

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
Sir Jig-A-Lot

Re: knowledge is power?

Post by Sir Jig-A-Lot »

5829 wrote:However you may loose advantage by sharing your knowledge since other people now know what you know and may not need you to do it for them anymore.
I think you pretty much answered your own question there..
ALL MY BITCHEZ LUH ME

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post by 5829 »

Sir Jig-A-Lot wrote:
5829 wrote:However you may loose advantage by sharing your knowledge since other people now know what you know and may not need you to do it for them anymore.
I think you pretty much answered your own question there..
But I am looking for other people's opinions.
Nudes are played out.
Send me a video of you reading out loud so I know you are not dumb and your profile picture is actually you.

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
Drew

Post by Drew »

It's "lose" not "loose"

and this all depends on what your definition of power is...

I think a more accurate statement surrounding power/status is "it's not what you know..it's who you know"

As much as I hate it... connections > knowledge in this world.

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
Sir Jig-A-Lot

Post by Sir Jig-A-Lot »

Aha, but knowledge can be acquired without any 2nd or 3rd parties in this world too..
ALL MY BITCHEZ LUH ME

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
raum

Post by raum »

To truly have "knowledge" is a strong claim, from the root of the word, but what i can agree to is:

data = energy

But here is the thing with energy, in its base most human driven way. The right voltage, at the right interval through the right conduit with the right capacity is required for transmission of any generation. and for the greater the distance the more loss that will be experienced as latent energy loss, due to the laws of thermodynamics. Also, if two opposing current pass through the same conduit, the resuting heat sever the connection.

electric power is nothing without a way to capture and transmit it; same with data

True knowledge is power, and yet your mind is full of fuses. don't blow it.

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
Aemeth

Post by Aemeth »

True knowledge = truth? Truth is power? I used to say that all the time when I was little, heh :)

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post by 5829 »

Drew wrote:It's "lose" not "loose"

and this all depends on what your definition of power is...

I think a more accurate statement surrounding power/status is "it's not what you know..it's who you know"

As much as I hate it... connections > knowledge in this world.
lose/loose - Oh well, I stand corrected. Spell checkers are not grammar/usage checkers. And I guess my proof reading needs work.
power - in this case - the knowledge and ability to do something that somebody else can't do, but needs to get done.
connections>power - sometimes, but not always. But a lot of the times not this type of power is not exactly legal.
power/status - not the same thing to me. At least not in this case. You could have a lot of status without much knowledge.

raum wrote:To truly have "knowledge" is a strong claim, from the root of the word, but what i can agree to is:

data = energy

But here is the thing with energy, in its base most human driven way. The right voltage, at the right interval through the right conduit with the right capacity is required for transmission of any generation. and for the greater the distance the more loss that will be experienced as latent energy loss, due to the laws of thermodynamics. Also, if two opposing current pass through the same conduit, the resuting heat sever the connection.

electric power is nothing without a way to capture and transmit it; same with data

True knowledge is power, and yet your mind is full of fuses. don't blow it.
For this case I agree with everything except data=energy. Data is knowledge. Energy is power.
Actually we are nothing more than a bunch of electro-chemical reactions where the circuits can go haywire.

OoooooooooooooMmmmmm p=ie (now I am relaxed and hungry)

Aemeth wrote:True knowledge = truth? Truth is power? I used to say that all the time when I was little, heh :)
Well, that brings up another point. What is true knowledge. To me it is what you believe to be true - which may not be what someone else believes to be true.
Nudes are played out.

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
Sir Jig-A-Lot

Post by Sir Jig-A-Lot »

To me, Knowledge & Belief are two separate animals, though they can be the same thing on occasion.
ALL MY BITCHEZ LUH ME

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post by 5829 »

Sir Jig-A-Lot wrote:To me, Knowledge & Belief are two separate animals, though they can be the same thing on occasion.
Agree. If you consider knowledge fact based and belief not fact based then yes they are separate. However if you consider what you believe to be fact (even if it can't be proven as fact) then they are the same.
Nudes are played out.

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links