android tablet mid Android 4.0

Talk about and discuss various advancements and achievents in the arts and sciences of invention and modification; computers, sciences, mathematics, and technology for all.
¡ñ±£¿®∆L Ф¶†ïς@п
Resident Cryptologist

Re: android tablet mid Android 4.0

Post by ¡ñ±£¿®∆L Ф¶†ïς@п »

But I like Apple's products; do you have any further evidence why Android tablets are better?

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
AYHJA

Post by AYHJA »

You mean...Aside from the fact that for less money you get an superior product hardware wise..?

If you like Apple, you know, you just like Apple...If you want a more diverse piece of hardware, you go Android...And if I may, I have an Asus Transformer...We have an ipad in this house, I don't use it...It doesn't stream movies to our HDTV...Doesn't have a dock with a Keyboard, its own battery, 2 USB ports, a trackpad and an extra SD card slot...I have a 32 GB of internal storage, 32 GB via a MicroSD card...I have 8 GB in the dock, but will eventually add another 32 GB...

Like I said, if you like Apple...You like Apple...Do a spec and price comparison...Compare just about any Android ICS tablet with an ipad...What you get if you spend $500 on Android will probably be twice as good hardware wise for what you spend $600 for an ipad of the same size...

App wise, it really is a toss up...Again, I favor Android because I'm a tinkerer...I like to be able to add and take away any aspect of my machine I want... Android has an open source feel, and the community to support it...

Shouldn't this be in tech..? cdr...

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
¡ñ±£¿®∆L Ф¶†ïς@п
Resident Cryptologist

Actually, my question was to see if the OP was a spambot, or not.

Looks like the member/thread was trashed anyway, and what was left was my reply.
But, still... I'd like to know more about Android products. (I might be the last person on Earth to buy a smartphone, but /ifwhen I do, I'm thinking the smart money would be on a Android-enabled device.)

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
Sir Jig-A-Lot

Post by Sir Jig-A-Lot »

Yeah, It was a bot so I deleted it's posts and moved this to AF Tech.

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
AYHJA

Post by AYHJA »

You said it IO, there's no doubt that for your hard earned $$, you just can't beat an Android...I own about 4 Android powered devices, and hope to get more...You can buy home phones running Android, can't wait to get my hands on one of those...Won't be long before we see android powered laptops and PC's as technology progresses and touchscreens become more prevalent...

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
¡ñ±£¿®∆L Ф¶†ïς@п
Resident Cryptologist

I read somewhere earlier this week that nearly all Android devices run a sort of powered-down version (mobile) of Ubuntu/Linux - is this true?

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
AYHJA

Post by AYHJA »

It is linux at its core, yes, for the most part...That makes it stable, secure, and all the other things you want in an OS or a device that needs to perform in a critical moment...I'm not an expert persay, but Linux is the core, and the heart, of any Linux OS, like Ubuntu, Fedora, Mint, etc...Think of Linux like you would NT in the Windows world...

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
shin_dr

Post by shin_dr »

One of my quandaries are just how much stuff you can cram in one.

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
Sir Jig-A-Lot

Post by Sir Jig-A-Lot »

I honestly don't understand the purpose of most tablets using SSD storage with 8/16/32/64gb drives. I know SSD is faster than HDD,, but still, this is 2012. That size of hard drive is so 1998.

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
shin_dr

Post by shin_dr »

Yeah; I hear iOS and Android take up way less space than the usual Windows bloat but even the biggest ones have less space than the laptop I currently have. Also seems like it could be more hassle transferring stuff too. Have to admit the Kindle Fire is tempting.

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links