android tablet mid Android 4.0

Talk about and discuss various advancements and achievents in the arts and sciences of invention and modification; computers, sciences, mathematics, and technology for all.
Sir Jig-A-Lot

Re: android tablet mid Android 4.0

Post by Sir Jig-A-Lot »

With Windows 7 (as long as it's not 7 Starter) , Bloat can be purged most definitely. Why the Kindle Fire? It's price?

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
shin_dr

Post by shin_dr »

It's relatively cheap and I have used Kindle for PC before.

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
AYHJA

Post by AYHJA »

I make use of cloud storage which is quickly becoming the only way I'll get down...Redundancy, availability...All of these things mean more to me than hording data...When my PC starts to take a shit, I format it...I have a buttload of games and apps on my tablet, and have barely broken the 10GB barrier...I just don't have the need for that kind of storage any more...Maybe on a desktop, but nothing small enough to keep on my person needs that much space...With 32GB on my phone, shit...Who needs more space than that on the device..?

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
shin_dr

Post by shin_dr »

That seems really good for music (I've used Amazon Cloud Player) and well, I could probably throw all my miscellaneous crap on their service. But the other stuff, I'm not so sure. Especially if I'd have to split stuff up--had to do that a few years back via e-mail due to some closures and it wasn't fun.

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
shin_dr

Post by shin_dr »

As expected, Kindle Fire 2 (actually, sounds like several variations) are coming, and the Google Nexus sounds fairly intriguing.

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
AYHJA

Post by AYHJA »

Very curious about the Nexus 7 myself, and at $250, that's very attractive...I'm thinking about installing Google's answer to Siri on my Galaxy Nexus to see what the fuss is about...It comes standard in Jelly Bean, which is what the Nexus 7 ships with...

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
shin_dr

Post by shin_dr »

Sounds like these things can have 4+ GB of apps etc. already on there. I'm sure some is convenience (no need to look for Chrome etc.), but that seems an awfully big chunk of space for the smaller versions.

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
AYHJA

Post by AYHJA »

Well the good thing about pure Google devices is that you don't have to worry about there being an issue with rooting them, and being able to remove any of the ''bloatware'' you'll encounter with many of these things...I have a Galaxy Nexus, and it was the easiest root I've ever had...

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
Fapper
Rusty Guitar Player

Post by Fapper »

I'm waiting for the ubuntu on android to be availabe to try it on my gf's samsung tab 2 (Android 4 ICS)
I really dont care much for tablets neither android, but with ubuntu looks like a cool gadget

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
AYHJA

Post by AYHJA »

You can run other Linux distros on top of Android, I run Debian on top of mine..

(That means Android rocks)

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links