Windows 10 on the way

Talk about and discuss various advancements and achievents in the arts and sciences of invention and modification; computers, sciences, mathematics, and technology for all.
shin_dr

Re: Windows 10 on the way

Post by shin_dr »

it applied an update to itself a little while ago, but nope. I wonder if maybe the connection is a problem, been getting a lot of drops lately.

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
Sir Jig-A-Lot

Post by Sir Jig-A-Lot »

You know how it is: Every other iteration of Windows is good. Eg; 98 good, 98SE buggy, 2000 good. ME shit, XP good (Once Service Pack 2 came along), Vista (Shitsta) crapfest, 7 good, 8 & 8.1 fucked. I guess 10 should be okay.

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
AYHJA

Post by AYHJA »

I hope so man. Windows 8 is so shit, if 10 blows I'm going back to 7.

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
kurgan2001

Post by kurgan2001 »

Über wrote:I hope so man. Windows 8 is so shit, if 10 blows I'm going back to 7.
Ehh, even if 10 does blow, they usually fix what needs fixing with the first service pack. I'm running 8.1 on my laptop and it's not too bad. Haven't needed to put classic shell on it either as I can usually get what I need pretty fast with the search.

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
AYHJA

Post by AYHJA »

I suppose you're right, but...I'm not holding my breath. Are they doing the distinctions again this year? Home, Pro, MC, etc? I've always thought that was the lamest part of Windows. I love Windows hands down, but that whole Home vs Pro thing was so lame.

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
kurgan2001

Post by kurgan2001 »

Über wrote:I suppose you're right, but...I'm not holding my breath. Are they doing the distinctions again this year? Home, Pro, MC, etc? I've always thought that was the lamest part of Windows. I love Windows hands down, but that whole Home vs Pro thing was so lame.
Yeah, they're still doing the Home/Pro thing. Yes, it's idiotic to us, but to them its good marketing as they can charge for 'features'. I'd definitely be using a Linux distro if I didn't have to play my vidya gaems lol

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_10_editions

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
shin_dr

Post by shin_dr »

I'm probably gonna end up waiting until the last minute, especially if some of the software I use is also gonna take its time about being compatible.

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
AYHJA

Post by AYHJA »

I'm very anxious to see what the gaming is going to be like now that I have an Xbox 1...

In a related bit, I can't believe how in the dust my PS3 is...Man I was a HUGE fanboy, the kind that waited up outside the store to get them...This thing with Microsoft though, it just makes so much more sense...Plus the games on the Xbox look amazing...

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
shin_dr

Post by shin_dr »

It seems like everything I would want will either be on Steam or a Nintendo exclusive anyway. Although I have heard good things about the PS4 controller from a couple people who generally prefer fight sticks or mouse and keyboard.

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links