AMD Drivers and other goofiness.

Talk about and discuss various advancements and achievents in the arts and sciences of invention and modification; computers, sciences, mathematics, and technology for all.
shin_dr

AMD Drivers and other goofiness.

Post by shin_dr »

So far it seems isolated to a couple games but when the display messes up I have to restart and in one case it actually crashed. One of them does give me a "hey your drivers are old" but I have the latest Catalyst. I'm not sure the Crimson beta drivers would help much especially since it's not going to get any updates. I know it's getting to where I'm gonna have to get a newer computer sooner rather than later, but right now is kind of iffy.

I'm not sure if it's a similar problem but my backup has gotten fairly unreliable too, the desktop seems to fail abruptly and then on reboot it will say Windows failed to start. It seems to behave in safe mode. One morning I had it do systemfilechecker but when I came back it seemed to have had something mess up.

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
shin_dr

Re: AMD Drivers and other goofiness.

Post by shin_dr »

Now it seemed to have a delayed reaction or perhaps game+multimedia is what is causing it to have problems. trying to look up more on Crimson suggests it would help with Youtube and such but I can't really seem to find any more in-depth "it will not be slow on startup" etc.

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
shin_dr

Post by shin_dr »

said "hell with this" and updated the drivers and it seems to be working better so far. On the old comp I did some diagnostics which came back OK so it must be Windows that's acting up.

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
shin_dr

Post by shin_dr »

Had a really annoying crash in the afternoon. Now it seems to be behaving better but kinda limiting as it seems certain flash heavy sites etc. make it worse.

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
AYHJA

Post by AYHJA »

Confirms that AMD went to shit. It was good while it lasted though. I've been Intel/Invidia for a while now.

Although this is unrelated, this still makes me sad. I can't believe I'm not getting here enough to reply to threads....

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
shin_dr

Post by shin_dr »

I ended up getting a new gizmo anyway. Even the live USB wasn't helping much. SATAs seem to be pretty cheap so I think I'll just wait until I have some time and spare cash to see what state the HDD is.

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
AYHJA

Post by AYHJA »

Can't go wrong with those new Samsung SSD's if you haven't decided on a brand yet.

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links