NBA Playoff Picks

Discuss your favorite athlete, talk about current sporting news, physical fitness, martial arts, and anything else related to athletics here.
Habib

Re: NBA Playoff Picks

Post by Habib »

My mind tells me that the Celtics will win game 7.
Last edited by Habib on Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It is better to try and fail than to fail to try.

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
AYHJA

Post by AYHJA »

That's a nightmare Homez...

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
Habib

Post by Habib »

Oh yeah? We will see Uber. Only time will tell. This will be all over sooner than later. 8 more hours.

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
Drew

Post by Drew »

Either way, I'll be happy to shave off my Finals beard. Hopefully it'll be a joyful shaving session, otherwise who knows...

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
AYHJA

Post by AYHJA »

cdr

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
Habib

Post by Habib »

Fuck, the Lakers won it. I am really sad. I felt Boston deserved to really win the championship. Congrats to the Lakers though, I guess my original prediction went right.

::sobs::

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
Drew

Post by Drew »

Not to gloat after the fact.... but what Ty and I have been saying all year has held true..... at what point did anyone else deserve this more...or was anyone else the favorite? Not to say I knew the Lakers were gonna win, but I just never understand why people got on the Cavs bandwagon or why anyone would say that the Celtics deserved this more...

Needless to say, I'm super happy. This is the reason people watch sports man...this feeling right here. The team I live for winning a championship against their rivals in a close game.

Gasol should have won finals MVP.

And can we finally put the Artest/Ariza shit to rest....Artest >>>>>>Ariza. Doesn't even matter that he scored a lot this game, the man's defense on Pierce all series was outstanding.

And if you didn't catch it, please watch the post-game interview with Artest, he's the funniest interview in all of sports, the dude is nuts.

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
Habib

Post by Habib »

Drew wrote:...or why anyone would say that the Celtics deserved this more...
Well, obviously, Lakers were the favorites. It does not always mean though that the favorites win the championship. The defending champs are always the favorites, so I do not think there was any doubt that they were.

Drew, this is why I thought the Celtics deserved it more.

They had injuries all year so as a result they played really bad in the 2nd half of the regular season. As a result of that, they did not have home court advantage for the most part of the playoffs. They only had it in the first round. Furthermore, they had a much more difficult path to get to the finals unlike the Lakers. Many people wrote them off that they are done for (I almost did too at some point). They had to beat Miami Heat, Cleveland Cavaliers, and Orlando Magic to get here. On the other hand, the Lakers played the Thunder, Jazz & Suns. To put it in perspective, they had to dispatch D-Wade, LBJ, then Dwight round to round. Who did the Lakers have to take down? Kevin Durant?

We cannot even compare the paths the Celtics and the Lakers took to get here, it is lopsided in favor of the Lakers.

Finally, that Big 3 group deserved to win their 2nd ring. I feel like they never really got a chance to defend their title because of KG got hurt last year. Also, they are getting old so they should have won this year. The Lakers will still be contenders for the next 3 or 4 years so they have lots of time.

They started out this game extremely well, but they simply ran out of gas. They did not have enough legs to finish it off. I mean, they looked to be in control for the first 2 quarters. As time chipped away, they had nothing left in the tank and it was unfortunate. A 13 point lead somehow someway turned into a 5 point deficit. Anyway, this one will haunt them forever. They should have played game 6 like they did today. And who knows what would have happened if Ray Allen did not reach a slump after his record shooting performance in game 2? Anyway, cannot cry over spilled milk, it is over and done with.

Fuck this. I feel really bad. Congrats to the people rooting for the Lakers this year. I am glad that there is a forum like this here that I can spill out my emotions and get away with it.
Last edited by Habib on Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
Drew

Post by Drew »

To me those seem like reasons that you wanted to see them win, not why they deserved it. I agree with you though, if they were playing anyone but the Lakers I would have been rooting for them to take it, I do respect a lot of players on that team, and you may be right that this is the last go-round for them.

This was probably my favorite series in recent memory besides that epic Bulls Celtics first round one from a couple years ago. I felt it was very well played. A lot of people are calling this ugly and bad, but I prefer these tough, gritty games.

As far as the roads to this point: The heat are horrible...but you're right, they had two tough matchups before this one. But lets be real, on the whole the West is still FAR better than the East.

I'm just intrigued now as to where all the free agents are gonna go, it'll change the whole landscape of the NBA.

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
Habib

Post by Habib »

Yeah. Anyway, congrats Drew (I guess).

Another painful stat guys: I am still finding it hard to swallow that guys like Shannon Brown, Adam Morrison, Josh Powell & DJ Mbenga have 2 championship rings while guys KG, PP, Ray Allen, 'Sheed & Rondo have just 1 championship ring. How does that sound

I retire officially from this thread. I cannot come back here again. It is full of sorrows now for me.

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links