NBA Playoff Picks

Discuss your favorite athlete, talk about current sporting news, physical fitness, martial arts, and anything else related to athletics here.
Skinny Bastard
shady character

NBA Playoff Picks

Post by Skinny Bastard »

I know the series is underway, but after watching the Jazz play last night, I wondered if there was an actual round by round predictions thread (beyond the "who will win it all" discussion).

So here are my first round picks and why.

East First Round Series Picks:

BULLS vs CAVALIERS: Cavs in 5 - King James is on a crusade
BOBCATS vs MAGIC: Orlando in 5 - If this was Larry Brown vs. Stan van Gundy then the Magic would be in trouble. But the players will decide this one, and that means the Bobcats’ nice little run will soon be history.
BUCKS vs HAWKS: Atlanta in 6 - Bogut's injury will cost them in the end.
HEAT vs CELTICS: Boston in 6 - I think in the end, it will be Boston's ability to win on the road that will pull them through.

West First Round Series Picks:

THUNDER vs LAKERS - Lakers in 7 - The injury plagued Lakers have shown they can succeed against the leagues top scorer (my boy from UT - Kevin Durant) but can they do it consistently through the whole series. I think not. But, this is the Lakers. They will find a way.
SPURS vs MAVERICKS: Dallas in 5 - The Spurs might be able to stretch it to 6 with parker back in the line-up but they can't take the series.
TRAIL BLAZERS vs SUNS: Phoenix in 5 - Stoudemire has been a Top-5 player over the second half of the season, and with Steve Nash running the show, Phoenix looks just too athletic for the Blazers to handle. Phoenix is going to run 'em to death.
JAZZ vs NUGGETS: Utah in 7 - I've always been a Jazz fan, so I'm still sticking with them. They took a game in Denver, even after practically giving it away in the third quarter, and they have always been a great home court team. This one is going to be a tough battle all the way to the finish.

So there are my predictions. What do you think?

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
AYHJA

Re: NBA Playoff Pics

Post by AYHJA »

I agree with all those picks except Jazz vs Nuggs, I think Denver will pull it off in 6...I like the Jazz though, and would want them to win...

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
Skinny Bastard
shady character

Post by Skinny Bastard »

Denver might do it... but I believe if any series is going to go 7, this is the one most likely to do so.

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
Skinny Bastard
shady character

Post by Skinny Bastard »

I think everyone else is waiting until a team leads with 3 before they make their picks.... LOL

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
Skinny Bastard
shady character

Post by Skinny Bastard »

Über wrote:I agree with all those picks except Jazz vs Nuggs, I think Denver will pull it off in 6...I like the Jazz though, and would want them to win...
You standing behind the "Denver in 6" prediction? CDR

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
Skinny Bastard
shady character

Post by Skinny Bastard »

Update on my picks:
Green = Picked the winner AND the number of games.
Yellow = Have or could have the winner right but missed the number of games
Blue = In progress, both the winner and number of games still possible
Red = Totally f'd up pick

East First Round Series Picks:

BULLS vs CAVALIERS: Cavs in 5 - Nailed it right on
BOBCATS vs MAGIC: Orlando in 5 - Magic did me by one better but I knew this would be a short series.
BUCKS vs HAWKS: Atlanta in 6 - On track
HEAT vs CELTICS: Boston in 6 - I had the winner right, but I guess I gave the Heat too much credit in thinking they could get 2 wins during the series

West First Round Series Picks:

THUNDER vs LAKERS - Lakers in 7 - Could still go 7 but damn, the Lakers looked strong in that 3rd win
SPURS vs MAVERICKS: Dallas in 5 - The Spurs surprised me. The old guys still got something left
TRAIL BLAZERS vs SUNS: Phoenix in 5 - Right team ... wrong number of games.
JAZZ vs NUGGETS: Utah in 7 - I'm still thinking this will come down to the last game; a tough battle all the way to the finish.

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
Skinny Bastard
shady character

Post by Skinny Bastard »

What are the chances that the Bucks, Lakers, and Jazz will ALL end their series tonight?

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
Skinny Bastard
shady character

Post by Skinny Bastard »

Round 2 Picks:

EAST ROUND 2:

CAVS vs CELTICS: Cavs in 6 - The Celtics are good, don't get me wrong, but their top 3 were better 3 years ago when they were younger. Lebron, backed by a younger, quicker, and arguably more talented Cavalier team, will be too much for the Celtics.

MAGIC vs HAWKS: Magic in 5 - The Magic want it way to bad.

WEST ROUND 2:

SUNS vs SPURS: San Antonio in 7 - the Spurs have shown that they can play with any team by beating Dallas and Gregg Popovich knows what it takes to win. He has the talent on the team to make it happen.

LAKERS vs JAZZ: Jaxx in 7 - My head says there is not a chance in hell that Utah can pull this off. The starting 5 advantage goes to the Lakers simply because of Kobe. The Laker bench is better, deeper than the Jazz's. But I'm still going to go with my heart and hopes on this one. I've been a Jazz fan for a long time and I'm sticking by my team...

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
darklighter1

Post by darklighter1 »

» §öñ ðƒ Å ß¤ « wrote:Round 2 Picks:

EAST ROUND 2:

CAVS vs CELTICS: Cavs in 6 - The Celtics are good, don't get me wrong, but their top 3 were better 3 years ago when they were younger. Lebron, backed by a younger, quicker, and arguably more talented Cavalier team, will be too much for the Celtics.
Et tu Son? I find your lack of faith...disturbing. :o

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
Skinny Bastard
shady character

Re: NBA Playoff Picks

Post by Skinny Bastard »

Boston is one of my all time favorite US cities.... and if I were going to be hanging out in a nice irish pub watching the games, it would probably be enough to sway my opinion...

So, how about this... I'm predicting the cavs.... but hoping to be wrong and cheering on the Celtics. Good enough for you?
[center]Image[/center]

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links