NBA Free Agency Guide (prior to 2010 - 2011 NBA Season)

Discuss your favorite athlete, talk about current sporting news, physical fitness, martial arts, and anything else related to athletics here.
Habib

NBA Free Agency Guide (prior to 2010 - 2011 NBA Season)

Post by Habib »

Hello basketball fans of the AF,

As you know and have heard (or about to know and hear), interesting things are already kicking off during the greatest free agency period in the history of the NBA.

Chris Bosh has agreed to go to the Miami Heat. Dwyane Wade has resigned with the franchise. Carlos Boozer has reached an agreement to sign with the Chicago Bulls. Steve Blake has reached an agreement with the Lakers, etc. It remains LeBron James -- who feels he is too cool -- he needs an ESPN one hour special to disclose where he is going.

What are your opinions?

Questions, comments, criticisms, critiques & everything you have all got are welcome here!
It is better to try and fail than to fail to try.

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
darklighter1

Re: NBA Free Agency Guide (prior to 2010 - 2011 NBA Season)

Post by darklighter1 »

It's all over Twitter today that it's the Knicks. :o

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
Habib

Post by Habib »

What happened to the Knicks darklighter? As far as I know, just Amar'e Stoudemire has signed with them right?

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
darklighter1

Post by darklighter1 »

All reports are that LeBron has agreed in principle to join Amare in NY. He was looking at Billy Joel's house today while he looks for some new digs to live in. Amazing huh?

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
Habib

Post by Habib »

Amazing indeed. But wow, the fucking media has spoon fed this LeBron guy so much that it is getting out of hand. I mean, ESPN airing a one hour special just because of he will make a decision? Are you kidding me? This is absurd.

LoL Stan Van Gundy killed all of these free agents by the way lol look: http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports ... ecial.html

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
darklighter1

Post by darklighter1 »

Unreal now all reports are going Miami. I can't believe this. I think his people are misdirecting on purpose. I'd be pissed if I was a Knicks fan and was played like that. Not even going to mention what the people of Cleveland must feel like today. :sick:

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
Habib

Post by Habib »

You nailed it darklighter, Miami Heat it is. WoW, now there is a huge power shift in the NBA -- LBJ, CB4 & D-Wade on the Heat -- fucking wow. Dynasty potential there.

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
darklighter1

Post by darklighter1 »

I know right? All three guys arguably 3 of the top 10 players in the League on the same team and all around 25?!?!!? Outrageous. May not be this coming year but soon these guys are going to run off like 5 or so championships. Gonna be tough to fit guys around them though with the cap space they will take up. But hell even if it were just the three of them against most teams they'd still dominate.

OUCH!!!....http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/stor ... NHeadlines

No bitterness in Cleveland at all...much.

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
Habib

Post by Habib »

LoL now the only city LeBron will be loved is in Miami. That sucks that fans will not understand.

What a bullshit letter by an owner though. If I am LeBron right now I am glad that I left. I cannot believe coming back to a team that has an owner capable of writing a letter like that. Fuck you Dan Gilbert.

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
darklighter1

Post by darklighter1 »

Yeah I guess there was a lot of crap going on between the two behind the scenes that made leaving a no brainer for LBJ. But it shows how passionate the owner is too so alot of the Cleveland fans probably dug it. Strange how the free agency period ended out with the dead husks of franchises left in the wake in Jersey and New York and Cleveland. Oh and of course the Clippers but they're used to that.

If I were to rank the best in the East and West now it would go:

EAST
Miami
Orlando
Boston
Chicago
Atlanta

WEST
Lakers
OKC

BBcode:
Hide post links