2010 NFL Thread

Discuss your favorite athlete, talk about current sporting news, physical fitness, martial arts, and anything else related to athletics here.
AYHJA

2010 NFL Thread

Post by AYHJA »

Man, I'm already pretty gassed about what's going to be going down this season, I can hardly remember ever being this excited about football, or well, pro football for that matter...Gonna probably catch my first NFL game this year AND my first Longhorns game, so yeah...I'm happy...

I think Cincinnati, for all intents and purposes, will be the most exciting offensive football team this side of New Orleans to watch...I really had hoped TO would go to the Crescent City, but I think Cincy is a good fit as well...Donovan in Washington..? A fantastic coach...That could be good to watch too, and that matchup with Philly is probably going to be one of the most watched games of the season for sure...
ImageImage
Image Image

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
jdog

Re: 2011 NFL Thread

Post by jdog »

I agree. After the dismantling of the Cardinals I cannot wait to see the 49ers win the division. They have a lot of the pieces in play this year...

1. Michael Crabtree for an entire season.
2. Alex Smith in an offense that he is comfortable in.
3. Improved offensive line with 2 star rookies.
4. Top 5 ranked defense is back and healthy (so far).
5. Vernon Davis coming off of Pro Bowl year.

I have my hopes up after years of crap.
If any links are down, please send me a PM!

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
Drew

Post by Drew »

I'm actually looking forward to seeing what the 49ers can do this year also. Willis is a beast man....

Ever since I started playing fantasy two years ago I've followed the game much closer, and now that I'm in leagues that play for money, I'll be keeping an ever closer watch. It should be a good year. Who does everything think is gonna take it all (barring injuries)?

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
darklighter1

Post by darklighter1 »

My top five team favs to be there at the end are not in any particular order cause the League is so filled with parity this year...

1. Tom Brady
2. Tom Brady
3. Tom Brady
4. Tom Brady
5. NE Patriots

Brady I think though will edge out other Brady.

Hey JDog why not join our little fantasy League? If you win Ube pays out 1 million at the end of the year. It's worth a shot?

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
Drew

Post by Drew »

lmfao ^

I didn't scroll down far enough to see your 5 teams, and i was sitting here thinking of my five teams, got them, and then scrolled down to see yours and spit up my drink lol..

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
¡ñ±£¿®∆L Ф¶†ïς@п
Resident Cryptologist

Post by ¡ñ±£¿®∆L Ф¶†ïς@п »

Why is this called 2011 NFL, Uber? That's not until next year.

It's not meant to be degrading, but whenever I seek to explain that one NFL season where this guy did this many things and accomplished such-and-such, my friends ask me, which one?
I answer: The one that took part entirely within that year, the one I explicitly stated to you!
It's a four-month season, beginning in Sept., and ends before New Year's, nearly always.

So, the NFL for this season, at least for me, is called the '2010 NFL Season', with the Post-Season beginning in 2011.
Simplicity's sake to be all encompassing and easy comprenhension for all: "The 2010-11 NFL Season".

(by the by, this isn't a rant, merely a question + my own interpretation.)

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
AYHJA

Post by AYHJA »

Drew wrote:lmfao ^

I didn't scroll down far enough to see your 5 teams, and i was sitting here thinking of my five teams, got them, and then scrolled down to see yours and spit up my drink lol..
He'll do that shit to ya M8, just be weary when you see he's posted in a thread, cdr...

Barring Injury..? Wow, that's all so hard to do, the damn NFL is as topsy turvy as it gets...I can't say for sure, but I do think that there will be a sleeper creeping up into and through the playoffs that's gonna make the game all that much more exciting...So many changes, its almost possible to gauge...

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
Drew

Post by Drew »

Is what Logan Mankins is doing more admirable or stupid?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdo ... nfl-269271

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
AYHJA

Re: 2010 NFL Thread

Post by AYHJA »

Merely a typo IO, I think I was thinking more along the lines of the GL when I made this thread, lol...

@ Drew

Interesting...

I mean, on one hand, I'm all about not selling out standing for what you believe in...If he and Kraft talked and squashed it personally, no need for the public apology...I think the reasoning he gave behind it was more than solid...With the way these teams and owners shit on players like they're made of porcelain, there should be more of this on the league...

However, I must say, I don't think that there's much of shit I wouldn't do to get 57 million, so.....

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
darklighter1

Re: 2010 NFL Thread

Post by darklighter1 »

Stupid.

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links