2010 NFL Thread

Discuss your favorite athlete, talk about current sporting news, physical fitness, martial arts, and anything else related to athletics here.
AYHJA

Re: 2010 NFL Thread

Post by AYHJA »

I put all the blame on the running game Homez, 2.5 ypc is just not going to cut it...Granted, there's no way in the hell that Schaub should have had 500 yards passing, but they were able to manage a respectable 3.5 ypc, which means you can't just keep dropping 8 back into coverage...

The little TO right before the kick rule just needs to be taken out of football...It should be 15 yards and a first down...Very unsportsmanlike IMO...

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
¡ñ±£¿®∆L Ф¶†ïς@п
Resident Cryptologist

Post by ¡ñ±£¿®∆L Ф¶†ïς@п »

Yeah, I hated when Coach Gibbs tried the "new-fangled" technique some years ago in Buffalo, and actually, because he called back-to-back timeouts, he made it even easier for whoever that Bills kicker was to knock it through.

"icing the kicker" is one of my pet peeves when watching the game, as well as what the pass interference call has devolved into (there is no reason to "award" a team for taking a shot down the field the exact field position in which two receivers (on both sides of the ball) tangle themselves up. That's a gain of 20-80 yards just because of "a little" contact between NFLers, whether incidental or not. No reason to 'magically' award them better field position on the chance (which we're never going to find out) that the receiver actually might have caught the ball. Nearly 8 out of 10 times I see a pass interference call, it's the wrong one; and about half the time, the officials actually decide to award the gutsy/errant throw by placing it where it "might" have been caught. Let the players play, and don't make this into a contest where the team that bests knows how to cater to the officials and the off-rules of the NFL determine who wins.

I'm sure Ray Lewis has something to say about the officials as well.

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
AYHJA

Post by AYHJA »

The PI rule in the pro should be just like it is in college, especially considering all the points that you just made...

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
AYHJA

Post by AYHJA »

Wide receiver Kenny McKinley was found dead in his home Monday in an apparent suicide.

Arapahoe County Sheriff Grayson Robinson said authorities were called to McKinley's home in Centennial at 3:35 p.m. local time and found McKinley's body in the second-floor master bedroom. He said detectives believe McKinley, 23, was killed by a self-inflicted gunshot wound.

Robinson said authorities were called by a female friend of McKinley's who discovered the body after returning from an errand with his child. The sheriff declined to say if authorities found a suicide note.

''It's still part of our investigation and probably nothing we'll talk about right now,'' he said.

McKinley was on injured reserve after hurting his left knee in August for the second time in eight months. He was known for his infectious smile and good sense of humor.

More/Source: http://sn.im/15z3sq

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
darklighter1

Post by darklighter1 »

I heard he did it because he was depressed he had to have his knee go under the knife. Can you believe this would set you off to suicide?

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
AYHJA

Post by AYHJA »

So tragic man, when I first heard this I was blown away. People heard him say he would kill himself, but just thought he was joking. So, so sad...

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post by -84 »

darklighter1 wrote:I heard he did it because he was depressed he had to have his knee go under the knife. Can you believe this would set you off to suicide?
He must have thought his career was over. Also we don't know what drama he might of had at home that helped pushed him over the edge.

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
¡ñ±£¿®∆L Ф¶†ïς@п
Resident Cryptologist

I don't think it's a story to speculate with, but I did hear the other morning that a fellow teammate of his (practice squader) refused to believe he would ever kill himself, and the details of which had him thinking something is being withheld ("fishy"). He also went onto to state that McKinley "lived for his two-year-old son, and was the world to him".

So... at this point, it is/was a story, but with little to no relevant details, background or surroundings on this, it just feels a little premature to think this or that; after all, the story headlines in most respectable news outletes (NOT ESPN) still classify this incident as an "apparent suicide". No confirmation as of yet.

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
jdog

Post by jdog »

Über wrote:So tragic man, when I first heard this I was blown away. People heard him say he would kill himself, but just thought he was joking. So, so sad...
When someone says that they might kill themselves, take it very seriously. That person needed help.
If any links are down, please send me a PM!

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
¡ñ±£¿®∆L Ф¶†ïς@п
Resident Cryptologist

Über wrote:The PI rule in the pro should be just like it is in college, especially considering all the points that you just made...
I actually made a mental note of this to remind you (and myself) that this little issue was discussed on 'Pardon the Interruption' last Tuesday and they made the same point you did, Uber.

I also think the penalty for holding is too steep what with 10 yards AND the automatic first-down; everybody holds in the NFL on every down. There has to be a better way to enforce and regulate those specific instances of penalty.

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links