Is it really inappropriate..?

Discuss your favorite athlete, talk about current sporting news, physical fitness, martial arts, and anything else related to athletics here.
AYHJA

Is it really inappropriate..?

Post by AYHJA »

There is a slightly buzzing story popping out and about on blogs and news websites...Here is the sticky:

Inez Sainz, a journalist for TV Azteca stumbled into a New York Jets locker room and got herself harassed...Not sure of the specifics, and not even sure I care...But, lets just look at the facts first, namely Inez...

Image Image Image

Now that's out of the way, even though I know we're a bunch of guys mostly, still, there is room for debate...Now, I'm all about journalistic integrity, and being able to do your job without being harassed...But...I mean...Really..? Is her job at TV Azteca paying her that well..? Or, could it just be me thinking like a caveman in that its very possible her ass is up there trying to get drafted...

Clinton Portis, however ignorant it may be, put it this way:

"You put a woman and you give her a choice of 53 athletes, somebody got to be appealing to her." he said. "Somebody got to spark her interest, or she's gonna want somebody. I don't know what kind of woman won't, if you get to go and look at 53 men's packages."

Now, he could be saying that because he's a guy, and if we were in her shoes, walking into a room full of 53 females built like goddesses, we'd be checking shit out...Maybe doing our jobs at the same time, but def. checking shit out...

I read on one site, some douche was talking about the WNBA and men being allowed in their locker rooms...First of fucking all, he must not know that 94% of the WNBA couldn't get an audience if they showed their locker room on DirecTV...After Candice Parker, I mean, I'm drawing blanks who even I'd remotely be interested in seeing walking around in their glory...A closer comparison may be being a male reporter in a locker room full of Brazilian volleyball players...Find one, red blooded, straight, single man walking around in that shit talking about journalistic integrity and you will have found Jesus himself...

My girl is a journalist...And I'm as confident a brother as there is...But I would NOT want her fucking walking around in a locker room...I mean, again...If you see something out of the corner of your eye that looks like a garden hose swinging from shrubs, you're gonna look...I mean, its only natural, isn't it..? I don't think she'd want me walking around in one either...First off, most of the fuckers are rich...Secondly, they're sculpted to perfection...And they're fucking walking around with their packages out..? Really..?

I don't know man, I wish we had more girls here to discuss, but this seems a little fishy...Ideas, thoughts, comments..?

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
darklighter1

Re: Is it really inappropriate..?

Post by darklighter1 »

Über wrote:but this seems a little fishy...Ideas, thoughts, comments..?
You had me with the Brazillion vollyball girl's team locker and lost me when you said "fishy". :sick:

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
Dietrich
Location: about an hour north of Sam Clam's Disco, where I left my harp

Post by Dietrich »

She's already much-photographed and notable. This will only add to her popularity/notoriety. In an interview on NBC Today, she seemed fairly unruffled. Being such a popular sports reporter, surely it wasn't the first time she'd been in a (men's) locker room. Given the machismo no doubt present in fútbol (locker rooms and elsewhere), surely she had been on the receiving end of similar treatment (if wolf-whistles and half-heard catcalls can be called "treatment") before.

Then again, this is coming from a non-misogynist. *shrug*
Last edited by Dietrich on Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
Skinny Bastard
shady character

Post by Skinny Bastard »

[center]Here she is hard at work....

Now, if a man were to try this on... say.... the hips of a female brazilian vollyball player...

....or...

...say...

...the upper thighs of an olympic pole vaulter...

THEY WOULD BE CRUCIFIED
and
ACCUSED of OBJECTIFYING WOMEN!

ya gotta love societies double standards[/center]

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
jdog

Post by jdog »

Wasn't she a bikini model before she turned to her "sports reporter" career? She should have been well used to men gawking at her. She should appreciate it because there will be an age when she doesn't look that way and men won't even do a double take. Women are not like wine. They do not get better with age.
If any links are down, please send me a PM!

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post by -84 »

Nothing justifies them acting without class. You can spin it anyway you want but stuff like puts us back ten years.

Secondly. There has been numerous times where Espn chicks have interviewed coaches in locker rooms with players still dressing. Espn does it to get that quick after game dialog so they can get a sound bite. IE Herman Edwards type of tirades.

I think NOONE SHOULD BE IN A THE OPPOSITE SEX'S LOCKER ROOM AFTER A GAME.

PERIOD.

Have the the star of the game come outside the locker room and do the interview. This will save usfrom needless BS like this.

And If you think she brought this on her self because shes an overly attractive female. You are an idiot and a sexist pig.

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
shining2001uk
Munky

Post by shining2001uk »

I think that if you look and dress like this chick and you walk into a dressing room full of athletes well known for objectifying women - you have to expect some attention/ harassment. It may be sexist behaviour but common sense tells you that this will happen. I dont think this chick was naive to that.

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
AYHJA

Post by AYHJA »

^ My point exactly ^

Dave Chappelle made an interesting joke of this once...It's funny, but its so Onehunnid..!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uscmRI9ZrE

2 minutes of pure truth... :)

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
shining2001uk
Munky

Post by shining2001uk »

Good one! I love that guy.

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post by 5829 »

Was it wrong? Yes.
Does she have a case? Probably to yes.
Was it expected? Probably to yes.
Did she think that it was going to happen? Probably to yes.

I am walking down a street at 2 AM in a known high crime area wearing gold chains and counting a wad of $100 bills in my hands and I get robbed.
Was it wrong? Yes.
Does I have a case? Probably to yes.
Was it expected? Probably to yes.
Did I think that it was going to happen? Probably to yes.
Now if I report this to the police, what do you think they are going to say?
What do you think my lawyer will say?

So what is my point? That there is a difference between 'what should be' and 'what is'.
Nudes are played out.
Send me a video of you reading out loud so I know you are not dumb and your profile picture is actually you.

Free Rice - feed the world - play for free
National Domestic Violence Hotline - 1-800-799-7233
National Rape, Sexual Assault Hotline - 1-800-656-4673
Love Is Respect - 1-866-331-9474

~~~ accept everything - Believe Whatever - TRUST NOTHING ~~~~

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Never tell all you know...

Disclaimer: The opinions are my own. Nobody else wants them.

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links