Myron Pryor fined for Brett Favre hit

Discuss your favorite athlete, talk about current sporting news, physical fitness, martial arts, and anything else related to athletics here.
jdog

Myron Pryor fined for Brett Favre hit

Post by jdog »

http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nfl/ne ... id=5767916
New England Patriots defensive lineman Myron Pryor has been fined $7,500 for a fourth-quarter hit that opened a cut on the chin of Minnesota Vikings quarterback Brett Favre, a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

Pryor was not penalized on the play, which resulted in Favre getting 10 stitches and leaving the game.

Pryor told the Boston Herald earlier this week that his helmet "slid up into Favre's chin" after he first hit the quarterback in the chest.

He added: "You don't mean to hurt somebody. And when it happened, I didn't think I hit him hard enough to make him [injured]. But maybe just from the impact going to the ground and from me laying on top of him, that's what made the chin messed up."
Oh my fucking God...are you kidding me? How is he fined for that? There was nothing illegal about this hit! The NFL is starting to be quite full of bullshit at this point.

Check out the hit here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgS3KkF-Va0
If any links are down, please send me a PM!

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
jdog

Re: Myron Pryor fined for Brett Favre hit

Post by jdog »

It gets worse. They have added other player fines on there as well...
Tennessee defensive end Jason Babin was fined $20,000 for roughing San Diego QB Philip Rivers when he unnecessarily struck Rivers in the knee area. Babin previously this season had been fined by the league.

Two San Francisco 49ers linebackers were fined for hits on Denver quarterback Kyle Orton in the 49ers' win last Sunday at London.

Manny Lawson was docked $12,500 for roughing the passer, using his helmet to hit Orton in the chest. Lawson is a second offender, having been fined for unnecessary roughness last December.

Ahmad Brooks loses $10,000 for striking Orton in the head and neck area. It also was his second offense, the other coming last November.

Seahawks defensive end Chris Clemons was fined $7,500 for a late hit on Raiders quarterback Jason Campbell. He is a three-time offender, with previous incidents in September and January last season when he was with the Eagles.

Two Raiders also were fined, including guard Robert Gallery for a late hit on Clemons that cost him $7,500. Rookie linebacker Rolando McClain was hit for a $7,500 fine for grabbing Seahawks running back Justin Forsett by the helmet in an attempt to tackle him.
If any links are down, please send me a PM!

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
AYHJA

Re: Myron Pryor fined for Brett Favre hit

Post by AYHJA »

Man, this is definitely the No Fun League, wtf man...

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links