Terrell Owens blames Bengals coaches

Discuss your favorite athlete, talk about current sporting news, physical fitness, martial arts, and anything else related to athletics here.
jdog

Terrell Owens blames Bengals coaches

Post by jdog »

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5920922
"I think there's underachieving from the top down," Owens said. "You start with the owner, you start with the coaches. And obviously we as players, we are a product of what the coaches are coaching us throughout the course of the week."
Damn! This fucker is a poison to any team he plays with. It's either the QB, coach or owner. He blames everyone but himself. At least he won't ever get that Super Bowl ring.
If any links are down, please send me a PM!

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
AYHJA

Re: Terrell Owens blames Bengals coaches

Post by AYHJA »

I'm not sure that's what he was doing, but I do agree that its better for him to not talk so much...

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
jdog

Post by jdog »

Wow. He conveniently has a knee injury and is done for the season: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5940128

He's a free agent after this year. Who wants to bet that he won't be a Bengal next season?

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
AYHJA

Post by AYHJA »

If he can recover, I got him going to the Redskins...They need a big play receiver, and he may be the best they get unless they can draft AJ Green...

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
jdog

Post by jdog »

I don't think he's that much of a big play threat anymore. He just turned 37 and he has proven that he can't make much of a difference (improvement wise) for a team. The Bills finished 6-10 with him on their team. The Bengals were 2-11 with him before his "injury".

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
AYHJA

Post by AYHJA »

Dude, T.O. was one of the most productive WR's in the league this year...Sure he won't be the one thing that turns a team around, but to say he isn't making much of a difference is not really logical...The Bills had a ridiculous time at the QB position last year, and Carson Palmer turned into a Pick6 machine this year... T.O. already had a better season this year than he did last year in 3 less games...He had a 98Y reception last year, which was best in the NFL, and a 78Y reception this year...He last had the longest reception in 2005, a 91 yarder...There are maybe 2 other players to have ever done that in the history of the league...

I just think that you don't like T.O., and you'd be justified for sure, but dude is a beast on the field man...You'd be hard pressed to say that he's lost such a step that he can't be productive...

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
jdog

Post by jdog »

Über wrote:Dude, T.O. was one of the most productive WR's in the league this year...Sure he won't be the one thing that turns a team around, but to say he isn't making much of a difference is not really logical...The Bills had a ridiculous time at the QB position last year, and Carson Palmer turned into a Pick6 machine this year... T.O. already had a better season this year than he did last year in 3 less games...He had a 98Y reception last year, which was best in the NFL, and a 78Y reception this year...He last had the longest reception in 2005, a 91 yarder...There are maybe 2 other players to have ever done that in the history of the league...

I just think that you don't like T.O., and you'd be justified for sure, but dude is a beast on the field man...You'd be hard pressed to say that he's lost such a step that he can't be productive...
Someone that puts up individual stats and still loses is not productive. The NFL is about winning and Super Bowls, not individual achievements. When he learns that the world doesn't revolve around him is when he will become a productive player. Unfortunately it's too late in his career for that.

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
AYHJA

Post by AYHJA »

He we go with that "winning and Super Bowls" bit again...CDR!

This is a team sport...Like I said before, please don't tell me Dick Butkus wasn't a productive LB leading his team in tackles cause the people around him weren't enough to help him win a Super Bowl...To say this game isn't about individual achievements isn't really cool, the media glorifies individuals and their accomplishments...Nobody is talking about the linemen that kept Favre upright, or the team doctors that went to work right away when he got knicked up, they just talk about the streak...Nobody talks about Dan Marino being a loser or in an unflattering light cause he didn't win the big one and put up big numbers still...

Opinions be damned, T.O. is a hall of fame receiver...How the media slants portray him is one thing, how he catches that ball is another...I don't know what your stat sheet tells you, but mine says that nobody will have had a better career than T.O. except Jerry Rice, and that's if he never plays another down in the NFL...

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
jdog

Post by jdog »

Terrell Owens has had one knock throughout his career, besides being a poison to the team. He has never been consistent. Well, I take that back. He has led the league in dropped passes year after year after year. In fact, he probably has more career dropped passes than he does TDs. :?

Also, Tim Brown has more career receptions than Terrell Owens. That from playing on one crappy team (Raiders) for most of his career too. :silly:

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
AYHJA

Post by AYHJA »

Be careful j, you do any more reaching you might pull a muscle, tee hee...

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links