Roddy White: Roger Goodell overpaid

Discuss your favorite athlete, talk about current sporting news, physical fitness, martial arts, and anything else related to athletics here.
jdog

Roddy White: Roger Goodell overpaid

Post by jdog »

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/75745 ... ted-salary
Roger Goodell reportedly will make $20 million per season by the end of his current contract. That figure set off Falcons receiver Roddy White, who posted his displeasure Monday at the commissioner's salary on his Twitter account.

"How in the hell can u pay a man this much money that cant run tackle or catch," White wrote, posting a link to a ProFootballTalk.com story which referenced the Sports Business Journal's report on Goodell's compensation.

"Roger Goodell is getting over never seen anything like it 20 million for looking over the league with tremendous help I guess the NFL is banking," he continued. "The NFL is not a company it's a nonprofit organization that makes a lot of profit."

When one of White's followers pointed out that Goodell is running the biggest sports league in the country, White took offense.

"Thats the stupidest thing i have ever heard the players make this league dont ever forget that," he wrote.
I agree with Roddy here. For Goodell to make that much per year? That's bullshit.
If any links are down, please send me a PM!

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
AYHJA

Re: Roddy White: Roger Goodell overpaid

Post by AYHJA »

It is..! Seems more like a delegate position to me, that's a ton of fucking cash yo...

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
shin_dr

Post by shin_dr »

Selig makes 18 million. Bettman 7-8. Stern refuses to disclose. All pretty much make more than the top 5% or so of players in their league. Sweet deal if you can get it, LOL.

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
AYHJA

Post by AYHJA »

I know that's right, damn...

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
darklighter1

Post by darklighter1 »

I think he's worth it. This is no more outrageous than a grown man making millions for playing a kids game right?

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links