Peyton No Longer a Colt

Discuss your favorite athlete, talk about current sporting news, physical fitness, martial arts, and anything else related to athletics here.
AYHJA

Peyton No Longer a Colt

Post by AYHJA »

Saw that press conference today, pretty sappy...

I think we all knew that this was Joe Montana going to the Chiefs all over again, except there's no Steve Young in the wings...They say it wasn't about money, bullshit, no way you get a chance to keep Peyton on board to let him tutor and mentor Luck as best he can...Given that they need more than a QB, I'd trade that top pick and get a shitload of pics...They will be another stud QB coming out soon enough...
ImageImage
Image Image

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
darklighter1

Re: Peyton No Longer a Colt

Post by darklighter1 »

I gotta Disagree with ya Ube. From all accounts Luck is reportedly the best QB prospect to come out of college SINCE Manning. But he's also gonna get #1 Pick cash and that along with Peyton's 28 million salary woulda crippled the Colts at one position especially where only one of them could play at a time. Besides Manning doesn't really seem the mentoring type...middle child syndrome and all....he wants all the toys and you to have nothing. Plus nobody is still really sure about that neck or even if perfectly healthy how much longer he's gonna really play for. I think he's 36 now so the Colts would have to make a change more sooner than later anyway. I really think they all did the right thing for all concerned in this matter for now.

Colts are shopping Freeney now and I assume Mathis next. Gonna be strange seeing the Colts become the team I grew up expecting to be terrible again for the foreseeable future.

Manning's mentoring skills:

http://www.hulu.com/watch/1603/saturday ... united-way

hee hee hee... :laff:

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
AYHJA

Post by AYHJA »

If you're suggesting that Luck will have a Cam Newton, or hell, even an Andy Dalton first season, we're not on the same page...If you're saying that he's going to have a Troy Aikman like first season then we are are...They are about to tear this team down, and while Luck is a great prospect, I'm sure we both realize the odds are certainly stacked against him for a successful season...There will be many a headline next season, with his head hanging down, "Luck This" or "My name's buck, and I like to Luck"...You could probably come up with some pretty snazzy ones, actually...

As far as the NFL goes, I don't see the difference in one injury to the next...One of my besties from HS got drafted in the first round and suffered "Turf Toe" his whole career...So, listening to the guys that have had the surgery, they say its a good chance he'll wake up one day and be Manning...He may have even taken less money...Irsay wants Manning like results with Luck...I don't think he's gonna get them, but I guess we'll see...Good "Luck" to the kid, either way...

:D

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
shining2001uk
Munky

Post by shining2001uk »

That video from SNL is hilarious! Probably not far from the truth...

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
AYHJA

Post by AYHJA »

Just heard a report that Peyton's jersey is #1 in sales...Followed closely by...Tim Tebow, cdr...

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
shin_dr

Post by shin_dr »

Nerve injuries are very tricky things, but Denver looks very dangerous if Peyton is healthy. Although i would rather he be throwing to Larry Fitzgerald.

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
Drew

Post by Drew »

I still wish he would have gone to San Fran. God damn would that team have been scary.

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links