Fantasy Football 2012 [AF Elite]

Discuss your favorite athlete, talk about current sporting news, physical fitness, martial arts, and anything else related to athletics here.
¡ñ±£¿®∆L Ф¶†ïς@п
Resident Cryptologist

Re: Fantasy Football 2012 [AF Elite]

Post by ¡ñ±£¿®∆L Ф¶†ïς@п »

erokero85 wrote:Well, looks like I might get screwed this week on defense... but just so everyone knows, if they check here, waivers have been changed from a 2 day wait, to a 4 day wait. Look for "Waiver Rules" under Transactions and Keepers tab.

http://games.espn.go.com/ffl/leaguesetu ... eId=462297

I sent a league email, but if some miss it, waivers process Saturday, not Thursday this season. So don't count on waivers to help for Thursday Night games anymore. And there is a Thursday game every week this season.

Edit:
and the schedule for the league is screwed up too.
http://games.espn.go.com/ffl/schedule?l ... 2&teamId=0
- - -

1st point:
After the draft was delayed for the second time, I made some revisions to some of the scoring for defense that you illustrated last season, ero, and toned it down some. I also took to see why the waivers for FA processed so late in the week on Thursdays (when both Y! and NFL.com process on Tues., and CBS on Wed.) but you stated in the e-mail that it just pushed it back further (Sat.). I don't know how much I have to apologize this season, but again, the fault was on me. I thought TT made the original waivers processing to be made on Thursdays, but despite being onboard with ESPN for some years now, I didn't think to notice if all my FF leagues processed the waivers on Thursdays, uniformally.

I do want to emphasize, though, I am taking the place of TT (Nick) in re-kicking the league, running the day-to-day operations, (weekends is more accurate, tho) and still going through the effort of recruiting more than half of the league as it stands now. I would like some help, yes, as I am pressed on time commitments, and I am still hoping that TT returns to the league at some point this season to help alleviate my load some. For the moment, at least, I am doing as much as I can behind the scenes to make sure that after the very shaky start we endured, that the league progresses smoothly from now on.

- - -

2nd point:
Moreover, I had no idea, in the least, that the NFL Thursday night games would begin right after the NFL kickoff weekend (week 2 until season's end?). For some reason, when I thought I had tweaked correctly the waivers processing, I saw Tues. instead of Thur., but as I have had not had the time to check in on my team or the league again, I am pressed to believe you folks in stating that I mixed up the results. About the scheduling issue: when the league finally restarted itself with drafted players and full rosters, I had only time to notice that half an-hour before gametime on Sunday, the four new teams were all on byes. It must be because in all the previous seasons' incarnations, we have had only eight teams, so the schedule was always re-newing itself. This time, due to the late arrival, I suppose, the automated schedule make had no idea what to do with the new teams, so the onus falls on me to manually enter in the head-to-head schedule for the entire league.

In the 30 minutes I was afforeded, I got to scheduling the first 3 weeks of the season, so I have the smallest of cushions right now, but I am to resolve the folowing weeks in quick and due time.

- - -

3rd point:
I am still an active overseer in the process, but with the various injunctions and confusions that have affected us all, I do ask, as a favor, to please bear with me. The last sort of fix that should occur will be processed before the weekend ends, and hopefully, I corganize my time off to lay out the schedule right and accordingly, so that, each team is able to face other at least once.

If it could be possible, could one of you good folks (is it only Uber and erokero who visit this thread anymore?) post this message verbatim in the ESPN message board (as a League Manager notice); I cannot currently access the site due to content restrictions, and although I truly did mean to reply earlier to your concerns, ero, the only real time I can do so is when I am on my weekend leave. However, I still believe that if the message were to go in today, it would be better received than if I were to post it tomorrow, or God Forbid, on Sunday.
I do thank you for your patience, everyone.

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
erokero85

Post by erokero85 »

Done. Posted on League message board.

Again, thanks for all your hard work IO. It just kinda freaked me out when I saw the empty schedule and thought it should be mentioned sooner rather than later. Didn't want to get to week 4 and have no games.

No worries about the waivers. I don't think it could be changed for this week anyways. I'm pretty sure any changes to the rules would take place in week 3. But since it's the same for everyone, it's not really a problem. Just need to look a bit farther ahead in the schedules for waiver upgrades. Got caught off guard that's all.

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
AYHJA

Post by AYHJA »

Oh man, I hope you don't think we're slamming you IO, man, you fucking rock dude...

It's TT we want to kill, lol...

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
erokero85

Post by erokero85 »

I think I just might be done w/ this league.

Team Wildcard was an absentee manager for almost the entire season, (see transaction link below)
http://games.espn.go.com/ffl/recentacti ... ranType=-1
to now accepting this horrible trade (Oct. 5th transaction)? You have got to be kidding me. I get he has Eli Manning and it would be smart to trade Manning or Ryan to improve his team, but for Andrew Luck and Randy Moss? Are you F'ing kidding me. Ryan is not only the #1 scoring QB in our league, he's also the #1 scorer overall. I get it may sound just like sour grapes as I sent a trade proposal the other week for Ryan, but at least I offered productive players (top 10 TE, top 15 wr, top 30 rb) who would be upgrades to his roster.

I don't even see the point of this trade other than NJ Shark has no faith in RG3 staying healthy/productive. Other than to straight steal Matt Ryan and take a chance on Ryan Mathews.

I'm normally against trade veto's in general because if you want to make a bad trade for marginal gain, so be it, but this is ridiculous.

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
AYHJA

Post by AYHJA »

Wait, what exactly is the issue here ero..?

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
erokero85

Post by erokero85 »

Über wrote:Wait, what exactly is the issue here ero..?
That the Mathews/Ryan for Luck/Moss was not even remotely a balanced trade. Just seemed like a shady trade made to stack one team. Moot point as it looks to have been vetoed per the LM.

I didn't expect a veto, but would have liked an explanation/justification for the trade from both teams if the trade was processed. If it was "my team is done, I give up, I'll help this guy win..." those types of leagues get old really fast.

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
AYHJA

Post by AYHJA »

Oh, OK...I was just getting gassed about the competitive nature of the match ups, surely wouldn't want to loose you in some mess...

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
AYHJA

Post by AYHJA »

Congrats to team Jackwagon..!

But as I look at Ero's roster...Man, I just don't see how you didn't loose a single fucking match..! Is this shit just luck, are you a member of the boys in Vegas..? I mean, what gives..? What's your secret..? I mean, when you played me, it was 149-112...But you got fucking 40 points from your DEFENSE...I like Fantasy Football for the most part, but Jesus...This shit blows..!

Of course, I've been on both sides of it, but still man...This is crazy...I picked up some diamonds in the rough, but the early issues with the draft and all that really through me off a bit...

Oh well, better luck next year...

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
AYHJA

Post by AYHJA »

Wait...I'm confused...Says that you're undefeated, but that 4th is the league champion?

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
¡ñ±£¿®∆L Ф¶†ïς@п
Resident Cryptologist

Post by ¡ñ±£¿®∆L Ф¶†ïς@п »

Über wrote:Wait...I'm confused...Says that you're undefeated, but that 4th is the league champion?
You forgot about the playoffs, A?

erokero handily won the fantasy regular season, (and most likely, the total points scored award) but as in most competitive leagues, after the regular season, then does the road to glory begin as the playoff matchups start to unfold.

I still cannot believe how you did it, Jack, as in the few weeks when I had the courage to look at your roster you had an admittedly forgettable name as your starter QB, and it still worked to your favour.

Props. Both to you [Team Jackwagon] and to Michael [4th and Loooooong] (who voiced his displeasure with this season's draft fiasco just a few weeks ago when it almost cost him his ticket into the playoffs).

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links