Fantasy Football 2012 [AF Elite]

Discuss your favorite athlete, talk about current sporting news, physical fitness, martial arts, and anything else related to athletics here.
erokero85

Re: Fantasy Football 2012 [AF Elite]

Post by erokero85 »

So, exactly what is going on w/ the league here? Are all the teams filled? Do we need more teams?

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
AYHJA

Post by AYHJA »

RIM...So naughty...

But both of them are 10's...I'll have to introduce them slowly so you guys don't scare the shit out of them...

@ Ero, man, I love that you will come here to play FF if nothing else...It's awesome..!

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
¡ñ±£¿®∆L Ф¶†ïς@п
Resident Cryptologist

Post by ¡ñ±£¿®∆L Ф¶†ïς@п »

Please guys.

I don't understand why TT doesn't participate in the "trashtalkin" aspect of this game no more, but for those that still want in with the league, drop your e-mail address to me ASAP !! (via this thread, or by private message).

Ideally, before the end of this coming week, [A] lives up to his boasts of new invitees, and we have a 10-team AYHJA FF league.

(major finger-crossage)

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
erokero85

Post by erokero85 »

Über wrote:RIM...So naughty...

But both of them are 10's...I'll have to introduce them slowly so you guys don't scare the shit out of them...

@ Ero, man, I love that you will come here to play FF if nothing else...It's awesome..!
It's year 5 so I feel invested. Plus this is my one league w/ no "jellybeans" on the line so it's pure stress free (relatively) fun! Besides, the few fantasy discussions I do get involved in here are quite interesting. Different viewpoints and all.

Anyway, we do need to set up a draft time soon since the season starts in just over a week. Or we do a straight "auto-draft" for the entire league? Aside from keepers.

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
AYHJA

Post by AYHJA »

IO, do I need to email/PM you the addresses..? As I said, I have 4 on deck, can probably hustle up a couple more if need be...I will have to help and coach them a bit, but I can def. get them on...Let me know..!

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
¡ñ±£¿®∆L Ф¶†ïς@п
Resident Cryptologist

Über wrote:IO, do I need to email/PM you the addresses..? As I said, I have 4 on deck, can probably hustle up a couple more if need be...I will have to help and coach them a bit, but I can def. get them on...Let me know..!
Yes, indeed. Before Labor Day comes and goes would be ideal.

PM me the different e-mil addresses so that I may send out each invite, and then call/remind your friends to check their inbox to confirm their invite, and their team will be set.

The sooner we get this down, the clear the picture can be for a determinate draft date (I'm guessing we'll have to do it Tues. nite, if there is a spot open).

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
¡ñ±£¿®∆L Ф¶†ïς@п
Resident Cryptologist

In case I forget, I also set the draft time to be as late as can be, so it is set to be a snake draft, on Wednesday the Fifth of September, at 6:30 PM (EST).

- - -

Uber: I sent out those invites to four of the five addresses you provided for me; I could ask around my work site to see if one more person would care to join, so I could add an invite to that fifth (aol) address you provided; but as of right now, and if time is on our side, we will be proceeding this season with a ten-team, head-to-head league. {fingers crossed}

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
erokero85

Post by erokero85 »

From other thread...
Über wrote:What's going on with the draft..? We're online and it says that it hasn't been scheduled?
Whoever is "Team 10 (lkf43)" didn't accept their invite (and possibly "williedamndean" taking over for SemiPro?) thus we can't have the draft. All teams must be accounted for before the draft can begin. It's quite disappointing, but hardly surprising, with the last minute setting up of this league.

But fear not, we have until the end of week 2, maybe week 3, to set the league membership and draft. I think all stats can be retroactively added or just skipped. Über, maybe you should be given "League Manager" access. You seem to be the most up-to-date on the league and since you know most of the people in the league?

Nothing against IO, I'm thankful for what he does, but it just seems like his attention is spread a bit thin due to being active in many leagues. While you on the other hand seem to be focused on this one. Just a thought.

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
AYHJA

Post by AYHJA »

I noticed that...When Wifey signed up, we took over for Drew's team instead of getting a new one...

If me being a manager will help, I'm all for it...Unless you were nominating yourself for the job... :) I finally got some folks ready to play (Everyone except 1 person called and asked about the draft) so I'm trying to have a little fun...

** Edit **

Yeah, according to our league owner page, things got all mixed up...I'm hoping that its a quick fix...And seeing that only the Cowgirls and the Giants played, we should be able to have a normal draft, I'd be fine with that...I'm sure Drew will play, and RIM said that he would play also, so we have more than enough guys...

IO, let me know if you need my help...

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
¡ñ±£¿®∆L Ф¶†ïς@п
Resident Cryptologist

I appreciate the sentiment, guys, and I was thinking the exact same thing about giving [A] commissioner status some weeks back... but, I did not want to infringe upon trashtalkr's status as the original LM of this league, and seeing that ero came back in time to notice the league was picking back up again, I, too, thought, that TT would eventually make it back in time to notice the draft date, and maybe pick up my slack. (I'm currently on a government base, and internet access is severely limited; not an excuse, but my reason for being so delayed and absent for the past couple weeks.)

Perhaps by this weekend, I'll be able to do just as you and I wanted, and allow Uber to access LM duties while TT tries to remember that he started this league, and I try to find a work-around to my very limited schedule for free time and net connectivity.

If it is not yet obvious, I am really disheartened to have let you guys down yesterday, and I sincerely apologize.
I should have made the time to find a solution, as I did receive your e-mail notice, kurt, about trying to scrounge up another fill-in team or two.

Let's see how this weekend plays out; if I work quickly enough, and get Uber up to speed, I can teach him how to invite owners, grant them access, and how to set up a Saturday morning/afternoon/evening draft, so that we still have 15 other unplayed NFL games to offset the one already played out last night.

Does this sound like a feasible solution?
Grant Kumicho LM access, and have him (or I) set up a make-up draft date some time on Saturday?

EDIT:

Maybe we (I?) can pin this thread as a forum-wide announcement, to ensure that the team members that periodically check this forum for updates can immediately notice what the heck happened.

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links