Random Movie News

Misc. discussion about TV shows, movies, theater, celebrities, music, video games, novels, and comic books goes here.
Sir Jig-A-Lot

Re: Random Movie News

Post by Sir Jig-A-Lot »

Changes Underway at Warner Bros./DC Comics?
Source: The Hollywood Reporter, Variety
July 10, 2008

Both The Hollywood Reporter and Variety are reporting that Warner Bros. Pictures is holding new meetings with DC Comics to discuss a new direction for its film adaptations. What is assumed by the trades is that Warner/DC are feeling the pressure with the success of Marvel Studios bringing its many characters to the big screen. Here's the statement released by WB:

"While we are not going to go into the specifics of the meetings, we're constantly looking at how best to exploit the DC Comics characters and properties. DC is an incredibly valuable asset to Warner Bros. and plays an important role across the entire studio by providing development and franchise opportunities for all media, including films, television, home entertainment, animation, consumer products, video games and digital platforms."
ALL MY BITCHEZ LUH ME

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
darklighter1

Post by darklighter1 »

Oh man they are incredible fatheads at Warners. Can you believe they sit on properties like Flash, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, and Aquaman? Not to mention how they sit on thir hands with Superman. And everytime they do use him....Luthor! I can't believe Marvel is this far ahead of them and they OWN the characters! At least Batman seems to have broken away from their incompetence.

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
Sir Jig-A-Lot

Post by Sir Jig-A-Lot »

[center]Image
Image[/center]
ALL MY BITCHEZ LUH ME

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
Sir Jig-A-Lot

Post by Sir Jig-A-Lot »

[center]The BITCH SLAP poster & synopsis from Wiki:

Bitch Slap is an upcoming 2009 action film about three women who try to extort $200 million from a ruthless underworld kingpin. The film was directed by Rick Jacobson, and stars Lucy Lawless, Kevin Sorbo, and Renée O'Connor, and is described as "a post-modern, thinking man's throwback to the 'B' Movie/Exploitation films of the 1950s–70s as well as a loving, sly parody of the same."

Image[/center]
ALL MY BITCHEZ LUH ME

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
Sir Jig-A-Lot

Post by Sir Jig-A-Lot »

[center]Darren Aronofsky Signs On For Robocop
Source: Cinemablend
It was hinted at in the trades a few weeks ago, and now it's official: Darrren Aronofsky will be directing the Robocop franchise reboot. The director of Pi and Requiem for a Dream is probably literally the last person anyone would have imagined taking over the series, but then again, we were probably saying the same thing in 2004 about the guy who made Memento directing the next Batman movie.

David Self has also been hired as a director, and his resume isn't half-bad either-- he wrote the Sam Mendes Depression drama Road to Perdition and the Cuban missile crisis story 13 Days. It seems that MGM really has taken a page from the Batman playbook and hired people with strong credits outside the sci-fi genre, with a hope the results will be half as successful as The Dark Knight.

There really seems to be only two ways this can go. Either Aronofsky makes a visionary version of Robocop that manages to truly reboot the franchise, or he turns in something baffling and incoherent, more along the lines of The Fountain. Yes, I know, The Fountain has its supporters, but imagine if it had been Robocop instead of Hugh Jackman floating in that big space sphere.
[/center]
ALL MY BITCHEZ LUH ME

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
darklighter1

Post by darklighter1 »

Thanks for all the news posted today Jig!!

Booo to Robocop!

Red Sonja looks hawt!

Is the guy playing Captain America a Brit?

Wolverine sounds great from the write up but Liev Schrieber as Sabretooth just seems like bad casting.

Goin to see Bats tonight so peace out!!

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
Sir Jig-A-Lot

Post by Sir Jig-A-Lot »

You're welcome DL1.

Yeah Rose is lookin' smokin'!
I dunno. Insofar as I know the dude mentioned for Cap is an American.
Enjoy TDK.
ALL MY BITCHEZ LUH ME

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
sloindahed

Post by sloindahed »

Although I'm hesitant about another Robocop film, bringing Aronofsky in as director is nothing but good news to me. If he can bring the same quality of filmmaking and storytelling he's brought in his past films, then this might be a Robocop film that's up to snuff with the first one. We'll just see if he continues his streak with The Wrestler and The Fighter and then Robocop.
It seems the writer they got is a quality one too, with Road To Perdition under his belt.

And I agree that casting Liev as Sabretooth was pretty bad in terms of the look of the character but he may just bring something to the role. Or maybe makeup is gonna make the character.

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
AYHJA

Post by AYHJA »

Was Robocop that cool that we'd want to bring him back now..? LoL...

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links