Random Movie News

Misc. discussion about TV shows, movies, theater, celebrities, music, video games, novels, and comic books goes here.
Sir Jig-A-Lot

Re: Random Movie News

Post by Sir Jig-A-Lot »

Total crapola,Ne0. wooden acting, totally unable to suspend my disbelief in anything. there was one good scene out of the whole piece of shit: most of the last race. i say wait until that's on youtube to see that bit. i get what the Bros were trying to do, but the execution failed miserably. that's strike 3 for them after the Matrix sequels.
ALL MY BITCHEZ LUH ME

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
Sir Jig-A-Lot

Post by Sir Jig-A-Lot »

[center]One Last Burst Of Movie News/Rumours Before I Sign Off From Here In A Bit
Some Of It Cringeworthy. Some Of It Cool As Fuck.

Who Does Marvel Want To Play Thor?

The Thor movie is the center of much speculation, now that we know the Norse God of Thunder will be the next subject of Marvel Studios’ comic property adaptation.

What we do know about Thor, we know from the days when Layer Cake director Matthew Vaughn was attached to the project. Around the same time he was doing publicity for the flop Stardust, he was also tooling around with a Thor script.

From what we heard, the script was going good, and it was more “fantastic” than other Marvel stories, taking place between God in different time periods.

Around the same time Marvel announced Thor would be made for $150-300 million dollars and would be released on June 4th 2010, Vaughn’s contract went up and no director is currently attached.

But, there is a rumor about who Marvel is eyeing to play Thor…
Yup. It’s Brad according to Latino Review.

Then again, we’re pretty sure Brad Pitt is offered every part for a muscular lead, because who wouldn’t want Marvel’s weirdest upcoming franchise to get some well needed star power.
That image from FSR sure isn’t hurting the cause.

PLEASE.GOD.NO.
i thought it was bad enough about that news i posted a few days back that Mathew McConoughey is up for the role of Captain America (Can you imagine a shirtless Steve Rogers with a southern drawl playing bongos on his indestructible shield?) But this ?! After Pitt got caught w/out his acting pants in Troy. YEESH!

Now For Something A Bit Cooler..
New Hulk Still Hints At Cap?
Can this be what we think it is? Is that a scientist holding the super-soldier serum that was developed by the U.S. Government during World War II that eventually lead to the creation of Captain America?

That’s what we hear. Together with the news that Cap’s shield makes an appearance in Iron Man, it would seem that Tony Stark popping up briefly in The Incredible Hulk isn’t the talk of the town anymore.

Marvel’s building up to Cap, and we know how it’s mentioned in Hulk.

We know that Emil Blonsky turns into the Abomination to face off against Hulk in the new film, but according to sources:

Apparently in the film, William Hurt’s General Thunderbolt Ross tells Tim Roth’s Emil Blonsky about a weapons program initiated during World War II to create a “super soldier” before giving him the injection.

Look at this! Multiple films with multiple directors working under a single umbrella universe! We love it!

If only Spider-Man would show up.

See now trhat's the kinda shit I wanna read about.
Moving On...

Is Captain America’s Sheild In Iron Man?
First up: “Face it, this isn’t the worst thing you’ve caught me doing… I’m just making a shield for a guy you won’t see until 2011.”

Is Captain America’s shield in Iron Man? /Film readers say yes, even though no screen-cap has yet been found. But, viewers swear the shield is there on Tony Stark’s work-table when Pepper finds him getting out of the banged up Iron Man suit.

It looks like Stark's blue sports car to me honestly. then again,I'm the one who needs an eye op. i think this rumour is just overlygeeked fanboys sprogging their camo shorts.

ScarJo Ready To Tie The Knot?
Another day, another dream lost for the staff members of The B&U.

We didn’t even get to see Scarlett perform her Tom Waits covers live, while staring from the back of the room/field/festival and imagining what it would be like to be standing in the wings, waiting for her to finish crooning, so we could congratulate her on a good show.

And why was the Falling Down video so depressing and focused of Sarlett being mostly alone when the truth is she’s going to get married.

The announcement below the cut.

Thanks AP, for ruining our hopes and smashing our dreams,…

Scarlett Johansson and her boyfriend, Ryan Reynolds, are engaged.
The 23-year-old actress and the 31-year-old actor have not set a wedding date, Johansson’s publicist, Marcel Pariseau, said Monday.

At least she hasn't hooked up with that tool who used to be on 90210 & seems to get all the hoTT bimbettes like Megan Fox,Vanessa Marcil & Tiffany Amber Theissen. Good Luck Van Wilder. I Hope you do end up playing Wally West or Prince Namor sometime soon. highly doubtful though as he's already Deadpool in the Wolverine movie. :p
..& lastly

Speed Racer Gets Lapped by IronMan
Bring on all the racing puns and innuendos you can find. Speed Racer just didn’t have what it takes to beat IronMan to the finish line.

Yahoo Movies says:

“Speed Racer” was lapped in its opening weekend at the box office as “Iron Man” continued to fire its jets with $50.5 million in ticket sales, according to studio estimates Sunday.The anime-inspired race movie edged into the No. 2 spot with $20.2 million, slightly ahead of the 20th Century Fox comedy “What Happens in Vegas,” which debuted at $20 million.

Rarely do movies ever make more than they did on the first weekend in any other following weekend, so the studios are going to be hard pressed to come up with the $120million budget after this $50million opening weekend.

After they get the money from merchandising (my kids are crazy about the cars) and the dvd sales, they might recoup a lot of their costs, but I don’t imagine this will be enough to bring about a sequel.

Yahoo also points out that sites like this one were already bashing the film before it even came out. Oh the power of the intarweb!

Edit: It appears that some of the numbers were skewed to make the agony of defeat not so painful. But keep in mind Yahoo was reporting based on “projected numbers” for Sunday, so that wasn’t in stone. The Production budget may have been underestimated as well.
BoxOffice Mojo puts out final numbers.
Iron Man = $51,190,629
What Happens in Vegas = $20,172,474
Speed Racer = $18,561,337
Thanks for the tip MizH

Another unecessary sequel with none of the original cast or writer/director coming back other than Donnie's lil' sis. i smell cash-in!

Big Ups To The Folks Over @ The Bad&Ugly For Most Of This News
You can find them here: http://www.thebadandugly.com/

I'll leave y'all with an article by them called
Fan Films That Don’t Suck

- Jig[/center]
Last edited by Sir Jig-A-Lot on Tue May 13, 2008 6:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
ALL MY BITCHEZ LUH ME

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
darklighter1

Post by darklighter1 »

Good stuff Jig. I like Pitt but he's all wrong for Thor. And I agree with ya about the shield, looks more like the car. Besides why would Cap's shield be there anyway? :?:

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
raum

Post by raum »

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
Sir Jig-A-Lot

Post by Sir Jig-A-Lot »

[center]Dolemite Explosion Trailer Online
With all the political correctness in Hollywood, the Blaxploitation genre has been long overlooked. I was never a fan, but after seeing this trailer I think I might be lured to check it out.
Dolemite né Rudy Ray Moore has returned at the tender age of 71 from “Motherland Africa” where he apparently learned how to conduct and fire laser beams like Raiden from Mortal Kombat. Dive right into the trailer for The Dolemite Explosion, a poppin’ Jacuzzi of nonsense that will wash away Sex and the City’s 1,001 cougar licks (Gross).

This movie is an actual sequel of the original Dolemite in 1975. There was a direct to video Shaolin Dolomite (1999) and Return of the Dolemite (2002), but this is now coming to the big screen in a big way.

Rudy Ray Moore, now 71 is apparently jumping on the aged hero bandwagon paved by Stallone and Ford.
You can watch it[/center]
[center]HERE[/center]
ALL MY BITCHEZ LUH ME

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
Sir Jig-A-Lot

Post by Sir Jig-A-Lot »

[center]Image
This Is Not Good.
I really hope that Marvel hasn't fallen victim to the same hubris the major studios do & try to rush release shit because they've announced dates like that poster above indicates. Favreu has recently stated he & Downey would rather get IM2 right & make it bigger & better than to rush it as apparently none of those shown up above do not even have scripts started or which are finshed yet. If Marvel has got any smarts, they'll push those dates forward if they have to. what do y'all think?!?..[/center]
ALL MY BITCHEZ LUH ME

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
darklighter1

Post by darklighter1 »

Yeah I heard Favreau is getting pushed out now because Marvel is mad he was popping off about the release date. Of course they deny it but everyone on both sides seems pissed off.

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
Sir Jig-A-Lot

Post by Sir Jig-A-Lot »

They'd be complete idiots if they pushed Favs out. He & RDJ are the main reasons why IM succeeded. if they boot him out & get the likes of Brett "I Ruined both The Hannibal & X-Men Trilogies" , i'll have zero interest in seeing a sequel.

Apparently the rumours are true that they are courting both Mathew McConoughey & Leonardo DiCaprio for the role of Cap to increase the chick quota. & it seems they do want Pitt for either Cap or Thor.

Are they making coomic-based flicks for both the general public while still remaining geek-friendly?,
or
Are they making shite for chicks who read tabloid mags?!?..

it's a fucking pretty boy parade up there. don't get me wrong, i think Leo can act his ass off (just not as Cap). Brad is past his use-by date. Snatch was the last decent thing he did back in 2000. 8 Fucking Years! 12 Monkeys,Fight Club & se7en were all prior to that. & no, Ocean's Eleven don't count. he just (literally) ate his meals thru that ensemble flick. Outside of McConoughey (who's known to flash people's girlfriends for 20 bucks), the other 2 would charge too much & it wouldn't be even guaranteed they'd return to reprise the roles.

Marvel needs to cast outside of the proverbial A-Lister box like the first 2 films. sure, in hindsight Downey Jr & Norton were perfect but nobody thought of them to do their respective films after said projects were announced. butt when their castings were made public, everybody was like FUCKING YES!

btw I can picture indie fave Ryan Gosling doin' a great Steve Rogers & get this: Daniel "Colossus" Cudmore as the Thunder God. the kid has the build,stature & looks for sure.
ALL MY BITCHEZ LUH ME

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
darklighter1

Post by darklighter1 »

Yeah those guys are so wrong for all the roles. I like Pitt and DiCaprio as actors but not here. McConoughey is just a clown. :x

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
Sir Jig-A-Lot

Post by Sir Jig-A-Lot »

LOL. if he got the role, i'd still expect him to be carrying bongos instead of the shield. Cap has gotta have a commanding presence so you'd believe that other more powerful heroes would obey his orders in battle.
ALL MY BITCHEZ LUH ME

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links