IMAX

Misc. discussion about TV shows, movies, theater, celebrities, music, video games, novels, and comic books goes here.
AYHJA

IMAX

Post by AYHJA »

Let me just say this...

I was up on the technology of IMAX long before I saw my first movie in it day before yesterday...I gotta say man, I'm beyond impressed...

My first IMAX movie was a movie about the Hubble telescope at the Smithsonian...It was mind blowing...I resisted urges to reach out and touch the stars as they zoomed past my head...Watched out the corner of my eye as Ra did it three or four times...When I get rich, the first thing I'm going to do is buy hardware to simulate the experience...It was just that good...

The trick is to find the sweet spot for viewing, which I think is a few rows up from the middle and directly center...But I'll take it either way, it was simple Amazing...

What are your IMAX experiences..?

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
Drew

Re: IMAX

Post by Drew »

All of my IMAX experiences have been for the most popular movies, and as I'm chronically late, I always end up sitting in one of the more front seats, so my view gets kinda fucked.

I really do need to try it out in a more appropriate spot, in the places I'm forced to sit the screen is almost too big and I have a hard time getting everything in my view. Sound is always spectacular though.

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
shin_dr

Post by shin_dr »

Unfortunately I've gotten motion sickness the handful of films I've seen. To be fair I've experienced it in other theaters.

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
Bristolx

Post by Bristolx »

Shin_dr I use to get motion sickness as well on all 3d movies until IMAX 3 D. Completely different. Awesome

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links