Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Misc. discussion about TV shows, movies, theater, celebrities, music, video games, novels, and comic books goes here.
Sir Jig-A-Lot

Re: Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Post by Sir Jig-A-Lot »

Are you talkin' about the RS spoiler? If so, yeah. We get it April 3rd here, so no one month ahead of you guys like Avengers. I am so pumped! Various celebs who've seen it in advance have tweeted or facebooked earlier in the week that this was the best solo movie yet.

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
darklighter1

Post by darklighter1 »

DAMN!!!You got me already on the spoiler!!! Yeah this looks pretty epic and kinda like a tiny Avengers movie. Cap, Falcon, Fury, Black Widow, Bucky plus Crossbones, Batroc and maybe RS? EPIC!!

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
Sir Jig-A-Lot

Post by Sir Jig-A-Lot »

C'mon, That's what RS does: he keeps coming back and back and back. It's like his thing.

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
darklighter1

Post by darklighter1 »

He shoulda picked a younger talller guy to comeback as though. I'm looking forward to this movie almost more than Avengers 2. Almost...

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
Sir Jig-A-Lot

Post by Sir Jig-A-Lot »

Honestly, I think Redford as RS is a red herring. Speaking of the Avengers sequel, peep this concept art for the movie. Image It looks like we may have not seen the last of Stark's Hulkbuster Armor.

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
darklighter1

Post by darklighter1 »

Yeah saw that pic that's intense! I'm thinking Ultron is controlling the Hulkbuster? Read yesterday where Marvel is thinking of ramping up to 4 movies a year and reconsidering doing the Planet Hulk movie and of course a Captain Marvel movie. The Planet Hulk would be amazing but I can't stand the new Captain Marvel. Plus who the hell is the arch enemy of Captain Marvel anyway? Rogue? Can't do that.

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
Sir Jig-A-Lot

Post by Sir Jig-A-Lot »

Yeah, Ultron controlling Stark's armors is what I thought too. A Planet Hulk movie would be amazeballs because we'd get the Green Scar incarnation of the Hulk out of it , plus loads of quality violence & a way to introduce Beta Ray Bill. Captain Marvel blows. I dug her better as Ms Marvel (even though it makes me think of Schmendrik and his obsession with her & Spiderwoman) or the all powerful cosmic Binary. Yeah, they couldn't do Rogue anyway as Fox has the film rights to the character and all the other mutants.

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
AYHJA

Post by AYHJA »

Are there any comics that show exactly how Hulkbuster armor got its name? I don't recall ever reading or seeing anything that can go toe to toe with Hulk, on earth anyway?

I'm getting more and more curious about Stark and his various armor. Seems though, as they are left for the movies and games, I don't know if there is much of them in the comics that I've seen.

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
Sir Jig-A-Lot

Post by Sir Jig-A-Lot »

Oh, his various armors are all over the comics, Ube. He usually keeps a stash of them in various locations all over the globe. The Hulkbuster armor was created as a contingency in case Bruce's alter-ego ever went way way overboard. It first debuted in the mid eighties after Hulk & Banner were separated from each other and the greener half was truly a mindless monster. There all other kinds of armor: Stealth, Space, Deep Sea, Thorbuster (powered by an enchanted Asgardian Norn Stone) etc etc

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
AYHJA

Post by AYHJA »

Fuck me man, that's awesome...I only ask b/c I downloaded this Iron Man game on Android, and it was full of great looking armor...I know he went through a period where he had armor that could come out of his skin or some shit, well, I just thought that was too weird...Weird arcs like that keep me from really trying to get into Iron Man...Best comic cover I ever saw though, was one where he had on what looked like Iron Patriot armor...There is no cooler costume in all of comics to me...

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links