Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Misc. discussion about TV shows, movies, theater, celebrities, music, video games, novels, and comic books goes here.
Sir Jig-A-Lot

Re: Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Post by Sir Jig-A-Lot »

I'm goin' again today!

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
darklighter1

Post by darklighter1 »

That was I-N-T-E-N-S-E!!! Much better than the Avengers. Just non stop perfection. Can't remember the last time I went to see a movie twice in the theaters but definitely going to see this again.

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
Sir Jig-A-Lot

Post by Sir Jig-A-Lot »

Knew you'd dig it, bro! Did you hear the easter egg about an upcoming movie during Sitwell's rooftop interrogation scene? Falcon was the shiznit! Scarlett has never been hotter & more Widow-like. Chris Evans truly became Captain America during this movie. There were glimpses of him slowly filling out the role during Avengers, but never more so than in this. Sebastian Stan has confirmed he was signed for 6 movies in total, and he's only done two so far. Evans only has the third Cap movie & Avengers 3 left before he's out. You know what that means, right?! Did you stick around for the mid-credits & post-credits scenes?
Spoiler:
Did you notice Pierce was alive long after he'd been shot by Fury? He's definitely The Red Skull! Look who his two right hand men were: Brock Rumlow & Zola. They're nobody's lackey's except for the Skull's.

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
AYHJA

Post by AYHJA »

I don't think that I posted here to say that this was phuggin' awesome..! I knew that there would not be much to love in 3D, but seeing it in IMAX...Man, that's just worth every dime...Loved this movie, me and #Wifey both became fans for ScarJo, she totally rocked it out...

I don't think how much I can stress that Cap is MUCH cooler on screen than he is in the comics I imagine...Evans looked every bit the part, pulls it off much better than his Johnny Blaze character...Why is he bowing out..?

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
darklighter1

Post by darklighter1 »

Sir Jig-A-Lot wrote:Knew you'd dig it, bro! Did you hear the easter egg about an upcoming movie during Sitwell's rooftop interrogation scene? Falcon was the shiznit! Scarlett has never been hotter & more Widow-like. Chris Evans truly became Captain America during this movie. There were glimpses of him slowly filling out the role during Avengers, but never more so than in this. Sebastian Stan has confirmed he was signed for 6 movies in total, and he's only done two so far. Evans only has the third Cap movie & Avengers 3 left before he's out. You know what that means, right?! Did you stick around for the mid-credits & post-credits scenes?
Spoiler:
Did you notice Pierce was alive long after he'd been shot by Fury? He's definitely The Red Skull! Look who his two right hand men were: Brock Rumlow & Zola. They're nobody's lackey's except for the Skull's.
YOu're kiddin me...there were TWO credits scenes? Or are you fuckin with me like I did to you a few years back? I saw the scene of the Scarlet Witch/Quicksilver, what else happened?

Yeah I kept waiting for Redford to be shown as the Skull cause of Crossbones and Zola was that the extra scene??? Damn..

Exactly what I was thinking about Evens, the guy was good in the first two movies but a certain confidence was missing that definitely came through in this movie and he was 100% Cap. Same with ScarJo. She was kinda bland as BW until this movie and she worked it this time.

Marvel denies it up and down about WS being the next Cap like the book but we'll see. Evans said he is retiring from acting after this contract runs out.

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
darklighter1

Post by darklighter1 »

Über wrote:I don't think that I posted here to say that this was phuggin' awesome..! I knew that there would not be much to love in 3D, but seeing it in IMAX...Man, that's just worth every dime...Loved this movie, me and #Wifey both became fans for ScarJo, she totally rocked it out...

I don't think how much I can stress that Cap is MUCH cooler on screen than he is in the comics I imagine...Evans looked every bit the part, pulls it off much better than his Johnny Blaze character...Why is he bowing out..?
He wants to be a director I hear. And Cap is actually pretty cool in the comic too but it has to be the right writer. Latest stuff has been meh..

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
darklighter1

Post by darklighter1 »

Oh yeah and the Falcon was pissah!!! Complete waste that he's not in Avengers. That movie just could not be better.

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
Sir Jig-A-Lot

Post by Sir Jig-A-Lot »

darklighter1 wrote:YOu're kiddin me...there were TWO credits scenes? Or are you fuckin with me like I did to you a few years back? I saw the scene of the Scarlet Witch/Quicksilver, what else happened?

Yeah I kept waiting for Redford to be shown as the Skull cause of Crossbones and Zola was that the extra scene??? Damn..
Ain't you learn from The Avengers & Thor: The Dark World?! There's always two credit scenes now! I'm not fuckin' wit' chu. Nah, the last credit scene wasn't Skull. But it did copy something from Bru's run.

Über wrote:I don't think how much I can stress that Cap is MUCH cooler on screen than he is in the comics I imagine
You really haven't read the Ed Brubaker run (which this movie is heavily indebted to) ,which converted Darklighter & I into Cap & Bru fans.
...Evans looked every bit the part, pulls it off much better than his Johnny Blaze character...Why is he bowing out..?
You mean Johnny Storm, right? Blaze was Ghost Rider. Evans more than sufficiently channeled Johnny Sorm too.

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post by -84 »

Spoilers! Comics History 101: Here's everything you need to know about the surprise end credits Easter Egg from Winter Soldier and how it will tie into future Marvel films!

Spoiler alert! After the huge events of the Captain America sequel, Eric and Roth discuss the impact on Marvel's Agents of SHIELD moving forward.

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
darklighter1

Post by darklighter1 »

I kept hearing about the Quicksilver scene and figured that was it.....ahh I never learn. I'll probably go check it out again this weekend anyway.

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links