Man who spent decades on La. death row is freed

News, politics, economy, local and global information, geography, life, living, and travel forum.
AYHJA

Man who spent decades on La. death row is freed

Post by AYHJA »

ANGOLA, La. (AP) — A man who spent nearly 26 years on death row in Louisiana walked free of prison Tuesday, hours after a judge approved the state's motion to vacate the man's murder conviction in the 1983 killing of a jeweler.

Glenn Ford, 64, had been on death row since August 1988 in connection with the death of 56-year-old Isadore Rozeman, a Shreveport jeweler and watchmaker for whom Ford had done occasional yard work. Ford had always denied killing Rozeman.

Ford walked out the maximum security prison at Angola on Tuesday afternoon, said Pam Laborde, a spokeswoman for Louisiana's Department of Public Safety and Corrections.

Asked as he walked away from the prison gates about his release, Ford told WAFB-TV, "It feels good; my mind is going in all kind of directions. It feels good.

More/Source: http://goo.gl/lvrNID

Hello there Buff, thought about you this morning as soon as I saw this, lol...
ImageImage
Image Image

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
Buffmaster

Re: Man who spent decades on La. death row is freed

Post by Buffmaster »

I need to start posting these again. There isn't week that goes by that doesn't have someone being released from prison

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
shin_dr

Post by shin_dr »

I had some criminal justice/security type stuff in college. Advancements are certainly helping to catch criminals that otherwise would have gotten away with it, but it's also showing a lot of wrongful convictions and systemic bias.

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
Buffmaster

Post by Buffmaster »

In Dallas county, wrongful convictions seem to be the norm during the 70's, 80"s and early 90"s.

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
AYHJA

Post by AYHJA »

Buffmaster wrote:I need to start posting these again.
Bro, you are not the only one. If it wasn't for shin, shit, no telling where we'd be...I am looking to do some personal recruiting to establish our community again, but WOW...Time is so hard to come by...I remember the days when it was slow if I only got 20 posts in...Now, I may not get that many in a couple of weeks...Just have to find some time and get on a schedule, that I think I can do...

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links