Coming Next Week: The $80 Hot Dog

Very general discussion.
Buffmaster

Post by Buffmaster »

If you thought paying $7 for a hot dog at the ballpark was outrageous, you might want to get out the defibrillator.

The Brockton Rox hope to break the Guinness World Record for most expensive dog by serving an $80, half-pound behemoth, covered in decadent toppings you won't even find at some Michelin-starred restaurants. The Massachusetts-based member of the Canadian-American Association of Professional Baseball will roll out the extravagant frankfurter on July 23 -- National Hot Dog Day.

The foot-long wiener will get the royal treatment. After deep frying, it will be rolled in truffle oil, then coated in porcini dust. The dog is to be topped with white truffle shavings and crème fraiche. If that doesn't gild the lily enough, the frank will be finished with caviar and fresh roe.

This offering will certainly put the Rox on the map. For those outside of the Boston area, the team name is a tribute to the Red Sox. And although you probably aren't familiar with anyone on the roster, the Rox are managed by famed Red Sox first baseman Bill Buckner.

"What better way to celebrate National Hot Dog Day than with a new twist on a ballpark favorite," says club CEO Chris Carminucci.

No pictures of the frank are available yet, because the caviar isn't due in until next week. (Hate it when that happens!) But if you're anywhere in the Brockton area when the Rox take on the Newark Bears next Saturday, this ballpark frank is not to be missed.

Now let's see if Joey Chestnut shows up and drops $5000 for 62 of these bad boys
Big Red died 23 NOV 2001

You owe your success to your first wife. You owe your second wife to your success---Sean Connery

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
darklighter1

Re: Coming Next Week: The $80 Hot Dog

Post by darklighter1 »

WOW that's not to far from where I live I'll have to not go and not buy one of those. Pfffft!...$80 for a hotdog...are they high?

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
AYHJA

Re: Coming Next Week: The $80 Hot Dog

Post by AYHJA »

I just want to see it, shit...But, this is my point in all this...If you have $80 to pay for a hot dog, chances are you don't eat hot dogs anyway...

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links