Is Rapidshare down or something?

Very general discussion.
shin_dr

Is Rapidshare down or something?

Post by shin_dr »

I had a ton of download links to catch up on and it seems like none of them work.

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
¡ñ±£¿®∆L Ф¶†ïς@п
Resident Cryptologist

Re: Is Rapidshare down or something?

Post by ¡ñ±£¿®∆L Ф¶†ïς@п »

Rapidshare, in the last year or two, changed their policy on how they would like their members to use their services.

If you've been away from collecting image sets or videos for as long as I have, (2+ years) then in all likelihood, only around 2-5% of those links you've come to collect are still active and maintained by their original uploaders.

Other than my own insight on how I used to use Rapidshare, I can't offer much more intel.
I haven't visited the site for a file in over a year because I knew the service was trending away from being what it once was (a pron, file-sharing archive for the masses.)

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post by 5829 »

Don't know how old your links are but:

If they were uploaded to .de they are not there.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RapidShare
On March 1, 2010, RapidShare.de was permanently shut down, and users visiting the site were forwarded to RapidShare.com. Furthermore, files uploaded to RapidShare.de were no longer available for download.

If they were uploaded to .com using a free account, or the paid account expired, then they are most likely not there if not downloaded at least once every 30 days since uploaded or found to be found to be illegal.

https://rapidshare.com/#!rsag_tou
Upload Rules
Users are permitted to save any file with RapidShare, irrespective of the file format or file content. However it is not allowed to save files whose possession and/or distribution is illegal.
RapidShare will immediately block the access to such content after having been notified. Furthermore the files in question will be deleted after a period for objection of 30 days.
RapidShare is entitled to terminate without notice the contractual relationship with users who infringe repeatedly upon these upload rules. Besides that RapidShare will block the access to such users and/or delete the accounts of such users including all the contents.
Free Use
At its discretion, RapidShare shall provide its users with administration and storage capacities. It is entitled to temporarily prohibit the saving of new files, set limits for the maximum possible file sizes, to allow the download of files after a waiting period, to limit the transfer speed and to limit the maximum number of permitted downloads per file. RapidShare hereby refers to the fact that, in order to clean its hard drives, is entitled to delete files that have not been accessed for a longer period of time. However, this deletion shall only take place after 30 days have passed since the end of the last download. If a file has not been accessed for download, the minimum storage period of 30 days shall begin with the completion of the upload.
Nudes are played out.
Send me a video of you reading out loud so I know you are not dumb and your profile picture is actually you.

Free Rice - feed the world - play for free
National Domestic Violence Hotline - 1-800-799-7233
National Rape, Sexual Assault Hotline - 1-800-656-4673
Love Is Respect - 1-866-331-9474

~~~ accept everything - Believe Whatever - TRUST NOTHING ~~~~

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Never tell all you know...

Disclaimer: The opinions are my own. Nobody else wants them.

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
shin_dr

Post by shin_dr »

The new interface seems to have thrown me off a bit--some were indeed dead but others just seemed to be picky about bringing up the dl prompt. Weird.

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
AYHJA

Post by AYHJA »

Grab jdownloader dude, it makes grabbing any links, especially RS links, a cinch...

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links