Yahoo Groups are broken. The cure is amputation.

Very general discussion.

Yahoo Groups are broken. The cure is amputation.

Post by 5829 »

So are we are going to head over to Google groups now?

Yahoo groups are broken. Has been for a while. So the fix is to disable the broken stuff so you can not use it instead of trying to fix it.

Attention: Starting December 14, 2019 Yahoo Groups will no longer host user created content on its sites. New content can no longer be uploaded after October 28, 2019. Learn More

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/groups/SLN310 ... sions=true

Sign In
Mail

Back to Help Central

Yahoo Groups will no longer allow users to upload content - Understand what's changing in Yahoo Groups, when the changes happen, and how to keep your important content.
Having trouble signing into your account? You can always reset your password for free by following these steps. If you've tried this and still can't sign in, talk to one of our live agents by phone anytime, 24/7. Sign up here.
Understand what's changing in Yahoo Groups

Yahoo has made the decision to no longer allow users to upload content to the Yahoo Groups site. Beginning October 21, you won't be able to upload any more content to the site, and as of December 14 all previously posted content on the site will be permanently removed. You'll have until that date to save anything you've uploaded.

What features will go away?

Files
Polls
Links
Photos
Folders
Calendar
Database
Attachments
Conversations
Email Updates
Message Digest
Message History

What will happen to the site?

The Yahoo Groups site will continue to exist, however, all public groups will be made private or restricted. Any new group members will need to request an invite or be invited by an admin. Admins will still be able to manage various group settings, though some functionality will be limited.
What will happen on October 21st?

On October 21st, you will no longer be able to upload any content to the site. To share info with members of your groups, you'll continue to be able to do so via email.
How can I keep my Yahoo Groups content?

Photos and files can be saved right from the Yahoo Groups site, or you can download your data from the Privacy Dashboard.
Will I be able to use Yahoo Groups going forward?

You'll still be able to communicate with your groups via email and search for private groups on the site. In addition, admins will continue to have limited access to group settings and administration tools.

Was this article helpful?

Privacy (updated) Terms (updated)
Nudes are played out.
Send me a video of you reading out loud so I know you are not dumb and your profile picture is actually you.

Free Rice - feed the world - play for free
National Domestic Violence Hotline - 1-800-799-7233
National Rape, Sexual Assault Hotline - 1-800-656-4673
Love Is Respect - 1-866-331-9474

~~~ accept everything - Believe Whatever - TRUST NOTHING ~~~~

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Never tell all you know...

Disclaimer: The opinions are my own. Nobody else wants them.

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
Emileveiff

Yahoo Groups are broken The cure is amputation

Post by Emileveiff »

Am I right in thinking that this will only prohibit IM and that it should not affect a users Yahoo e-mail account and log-in?

I am not on Yahoo myself and am enquiring on behalf of someone else.

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links