[Tutorial] How to Save Cyber Club ZoomPics

Tutorials and how-to's.
AYHJA

[Tutorial] How to Save Cyber Club ZoomPics

Post by AYHJA »

All in all, I reckon it takes about 20-30 minutes to make one....I will try as best I can to describe the process...

First thing that you want to do is clear your Internet Explorer cache completely, and then log into the Cyber Club and head to the ZoomPic you want...

Once there, zoom in to the deepest level, and go all the way to the upper left hand corner of your image...From there, what you want to do is simply click down the image, giving it time enough to focus (which means its downloading) before clicking down again...Depending on your internet connection, I have broadband, going down an image should take roughly a minute...As you get better at it, you'll be able to better gauge the amount of pixels you can download at once...

Once you reach the bottom of the first row, single click over about 5 times, and go up the image...Again, this will vary from user to user, but this is the most failsafe way...If you miss a few pixels you're gonna be pretty sore...

Once you reach the last column of the image, head to the IE Cache... Control Panel > Internet Options >The General Tab > Temporary Internet Files > Settings > View Files

The IE cache is going to have several files in it...What you do is organize the cache by filename by clicking the space above the top of the files, and head to the cluser of files that will probably start with:

5-0-0, 5-0-1, etc...All the way down to 5-23-22, 5-23-23...

Highlight all the 5-* jpeg images and hit copy...Open an empty folder, an past them there...Windows will copy the files from the cache and store them in the folder you create, probably with a [1] at the end of the file name...

This is about the halfway point of the project...What you want to do now is make sure you didn't miss any pixels...Starting with your first 5 series jpeg, you should have about 24 images...

5-0-0 | 5-1-0 | 5-2-0 | 5-3-0 | 5-4-0 | 5-5-0 | etc
5-0-1
5-0-2
5-0-3
5-0-4
5-0-5
5-0-6
5-0-7
5-0-8
5-0-9
5-0-10
5-0-11
5-0-12
5-0-13
5-0-14
5-0-15
5-0-16
5-0-17
5-0-18
5-0-19
5-0-20
5-0-21
5-0-22
5-0-23

I have not yet seen a Zoompic that had more than that, but even if your ZoomPic does, the process is still the same...You should have 24 rows and 24 columns for a total of 576 images...Your last row, 5-0-23, 5-1-23, 5-2-23, etc, should be smaller in pixel size (standard pixels should be about 256x256) as will your last column, 5-23-0, 5-23-1,5-23-2....

Do a CTRL+A to verify that you have the correct amount of images...If not, You'll have to go through your images and see what's missing...Check your cache fisrt, and then, if you don't see it, clear it again, and head back to the image...Now that you know about how the images are stored, you should be able to find roughly where your missing pixel is, which will hopefully prevent you from going over the entire image again...

Now that you have all of your pieces, its time to put them together....There is a freeware program called Irfanview that will do the dirty work for us...

http://www.irfanview.com/

Download it, install it and open it up...

At the top of the menu options, click Image > Create Panorama Image

For direction, choose vertical, and then go to the 'Sort Order' option and choose 'by name (Ascending, XP Style) and click OK...

Then click on Add Images, and navigate to your folder...You could select them by hand, but I found it faster to put for example, 5-0-* in the file name box and hit enter, which will only bring up the column you want...

Add the images, click on Make Image, and it will put the first column together for you...Hit 'S" and save the column as 00...

Repeat the procedure for the rest of the columns, and when you finish, all you have to do is then HORIZONTALLY join the colums...

Once finished, you should have one of these....

Warning..! NSFW
Spoiler:
[center]Image

-------- [ 3300x7200 | 8.96 MB | ZIP ] --------

ImageTehServer
MD5: d09509ed0b3ec9315feec1441c6e210d[/center]
Good luck, and please feel free to ask questions..!
ImageImage
Image Image

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
Skinny Bastard
shady character

Post by Skinny Bastard »

Nice tutorial, Ayhja! Should come in very handy!

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
Pete

Post by Pete »

Thank you Ty!

Now I wish I could get access to the IE Cache directory. AND be able to install IrfanView (remember I access the internet from the university computer terminals)

P.S. Why do you have to put "..." after every sentence? This is a tutorial, not a stream of consciousness running commentary! :yr:

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
tfrank

Post by tfrank »

This is a great tutorial.

Thanks.

Hopefully, I can fill in the missing 2002s soon!

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
AYHJA

Post by AYHJA »

I actually have a more automated process now...

Which CZ's are you missing, I'll see if I can get them up soon...
ImageImage
Image Image

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links