Date of Birth: June 8, 1988
Hometown: Dallas, OR
Height: 5'10''
Weight: 175
Ethnicity: White
Religion: Christian
Sign: Gemini

Freestyle

Likes: being organized....playing sports....reading philosophy...working...hanging with friends...playing the piano....watching Sportscenter....messing around on the computer....sleeping

Dislikes: messiness....laziness....cats....rain....Red Sox

Unless I told you, you would never know that I: I have a twin

Favorite Quote: MAINTAIN MARGIN
[hr:e77d5bf77b]

Self Peception:

Positive: I think I'm a pretty positive person. I'm focused and determined so sometimes I may seem pretty harsh on others or whatever, but I always try to look for the good in the situation and try to stay upbeat. For that I believe I'm pretty positive. I love challenges and rising above situations. I also love leading; I'm in a lot of leadership roles right now and believe that they are the right place for me to be.

Negative: If I don't want to do something I won't. That can be a real negative. Also, I'm pretty damn stubborn. I hard on people and expect perfection from myself and others. I'm not very patient and dont' like things screwed up.

Assumed Perception:
People would see me as determined but fun to be with. I think I've got a pretty good sense of humor (it's hard to portray that on the computer though...sorry Kramer) and I love to talk with others

Questions and Answers

1. Do you tend to make decisions using your intuition and/or feelings or do you tend to use your knowledge and/or intelligence? Would you change that if you could?

I'd say I use more knowledge and intelligence. I feel like feelings can betray you and I dont' want to have my feelings get in the way of an important decision. Now feelings are important and there is a place for them and a time to make decisions based off of them, but I usually use knowledge

2. Do you judge yourself more harshly than you judge others?

Oh yea. I demand perfection from myself. I want others to be perfect also, but I count on myself to set the example first.

3. Is the praise of others more important than your own sense of compentence?

Yup. I like to be praised and noticed for my work. I love to know that I did something even if others dont' notice, but other's approval is important

Rate Questions

(Not good at all - Not so good - Average - Pretty Good - Exceptional)

How would you rate your ability to communicate and keep a conversation going..?
Pretty Good

How would you rate your ability to flow, despite a lack of knowledge on a subject..?
Pretty Good

If you lack understanding or knowledge, are you willing to learn about something..?
Exceptional
"If there were no eternal consciousness in a man, if at the bottom of everything there were only a wild ferment, a power that twisting in dark passions produced everything great or inconsequential; if an unfathomable insatiable emptiness lay hid beneath everything, what would life be but despair?"

Soren Kierkegaard

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
AYHJA

Post by AYHJA »

Fellow AF Member based on your experience in the forums, rate trashtalkr..!

How would you rate trashtalkr when it comes to:

His ability to communicate and keep a conversation going..?
Average

His ability to flow, despite a lack of knowledge on a subject..?
Average

His willingness to learn about a subject he has little to no knowledge of..?
Pretty Good

Is there anything you would like to add about your feelings or dealings with trashtalkr that other members might want to know..?

"tt" as he's called around here is probably a great guy to hang out with in person, as I'm sure we all are...

tt is the king of one liners...It might lead you to think that he has no depth, is shallow, and uninformed, but when provoked, he will go into detail...IMO, he doesn't do it enough...I think he would benefit more from making more complete thoughts in his posts to shed that perception...

He does a good job to promote the laid back, sarcastic to the point of offending attitude most AF members have, LoL...He is courteous, polite, and one of the few members you can count on to be in damn near every forum...

After reading his profile, if you could ask trashtalkr a question what would it be..?

You define yourself as a leader...How does this translate into your AF interactions..? How have you/would you show leadership here..?

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
trashtalkr
Sports Guru

Post by trashtalkr »

I've kind of asked myself that also A. For me it's hard to interact over the internet and let my true personality come out. I want to help make this site better and contribute fully to every topic that I can, but it's hard for me to find time to write out the quaility posts. I really don't think I've shown much leadership here but I'd like to in the future. Being part of the Cafetaos is part of how I'd like to start showing leadership at this site. I also feel that every leader needs to do something or be a part of something that they are not a leader at. It will help them become a better leader and to appreciate others more. I've felt like this site is one of those places. Usually I'm not happy if I'm not in charge or something, but this site is different. I feel very content here not leading. That doesn't mean I don't wanna be involved or help lead and come up with new ideas, but every leader needs a break and a place to hang where all the attention isn't on him. This seems like that place for me
"If there were no eternal consciousness in a man, if at the bottom of everything there were only a wild ferment, a power that twisting in dark passions produced everything great or inconsequential; if an unfathomable insatiable emptiness lay hid beneath everything, what would life be but despair?"

Soren Kierkegaard

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
deepdiver32073
Iconoclast Extraordinaire

Post by deepdiver32073 »

Average. TT has a tendency to go for the short answer. I don't think this is a reflection on his intelligence or ability to go into depth but rather more a time constraint. Not all of us have the luxury of being able to go in-depth with our answers.

Pretty good. BS meter is in the yellow zone sometimes. LOL

Pretty good to exceptional. TT seems to have an inherent desire to "fill in the blanks" and is very willing to ask questions.

Is there anything you would like to add about your feelings or dealings with trashtalkr that other members might want to know..?
I haven't had too many direct dealings with TT, but have mostly observed the dealings with others. TT can sometimes be quick to jump into the fray before taking the time to formulate exactly what it is he's wanting to say. His sense of humor is apparent if you know how/where to look for it; it sometimes isn't clear due to lack of body language & vocal inflection. We have to rely on the written word and it sometimes doesn't translate.

After reading his profile, if you could ask trashtalkr a question what would it be..?
If I liked the Red Sox, would you then hate me?

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
trashtalkr
Sports Guru

Post by trashtalkr »

I wouldn't hate you. I'd think that you had a very bad taste in teams but I don't hate Red Sox fans

Soren Kierkegaard

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
BFG9000
Terminator Mama!

Post by BFG9000 »

Pretty Good...he brings things into a conversation that you never would expect

Average...I think he reacts first then thinks about what he said later

Pretty Good...I think he's leaning how to listen more before he jumps in, which is a good trait

Trashtalkr is lake the class clown of the group. He eggs you to death just to see how you'll react in a situation. On the other hand if you are in a jam, this guy will be there with a tire iron and smack the crap out of whoever is bugging you.

I really can't think of anything to ask
MARK ALLEN PORTWOOD!!

"I'M SWEET, BUT FUCK WITH ME AND I'LL MOP THE FLOOR WITH YOU" - SHIRLEY MANSON

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
Deepak

Post by Deepak »

Pretty Good

Average. As BFG said ...you tend to shoot 1st and ask questions later.

Pretty good. .... Unless it has to be something on religion, you stick to your guns and try to convince others of the same.

From what I have come across on the forum, TT is a genuine guy and what he says reflects on his personality. He is pretty intelligent and would does show it but I do believe there is a lot more intelligence that he doesnt show on the forum.

I tend to see that you are very reserved when it comes religion because you strongly believe in the ways of christianity. Would you say that is because you have always had that around you and you never really had a chance to explore other religions to formulate a different judgement on religion or would it have been different if you had a chance to see different relgions and mingle with it all when you were younger to change your prespective on the whole christianity is the only real religion response?

ps not trying to be some rude guy but I think it would be interesting to learn why you are so reserved about it. I grew up with very few cultures around me but even then I grew closer to what I believed in because I could see all the different cultures and how they were similar and differnet .
WHEN THE RICH WAGE WAR ITS THE POOR WHO DIE

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
trashtalkr
Sports Guru

Post by trashtalkr »

I think it has some to do with both. I have grown up in a Christian family and with Christianity all around me, but I'm not one to just believe something that has been told to me. I like to figure things out for myself. Lately (past couple years) I have been doing a lot of research into apologetics and some of the scientific backings of Christianity to strengthen my beliefs. I have studied other religions but mainly for a historical thing and not as a religion that "I'm looking into". Christianity has everything that I want and there is a lot of evidence to back it. That's why I try to show here on the site. I know I do a poor job at it for a couple reasons. First of all, I'm so damn busy that I don't usually have time to write an in-depth answer. Second, I don't know very much on these topics and I know that others know more than me. I try to learn from some people, but at the same time I am smart enough to realize when something is way off base.

I hope this answered it for ya

Soren Kierkegaard

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
Lost Ghost

Post by Lost Ghost »

Not so good. I really feel as though, maybe because time constraint, but the "one liners" don't add anything to the conversation most of the time.

Average.

I have no idea..and theres really no way I would know, but I'll go with Pretty Good just because he proclaims to do it well.

I don't understand this guy.... Maybe his true personality doesn't come across in the forum, but nearly every part of the profile had me questioning it..... I don't see a drive to do well, nor any leadership qualities at all. And I'm not trying to be negative. Also I think its strange that TT has been here nearly since the beginning...and I can't seem to establish any type of connection with him... I think your often shallow answers take away from the fact that you're a deep person. Which leads into my question...

Maybe this is the place for you to really tell us how you are.....but why do you never show any leadership qualities here, you don't seem very positive...and you don't seem deteremind or like you demand perfection. Why don't you let your posts reflect who you really are?

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
trashtalkr
Sports Guru

Post by trashtalkr »

It's really wierd that you say that LG. I am totally opposite of how you percieve me. I am a leader everywhere I go and I always demand perfection. Second is not good enough for me. I usually try and stay positive but my demand for perfection does get in the way of that sometimes.

I think that sometimes my one-liners are my witty, sarcastic side coming out but it doesn't come across well on the internet. I find it hard to actually express my feelings in writing so that may be why it's hard for me. Also, like you said, I am extremely busy. I rarely have time to write my full response or express myself totally.

About the leadership, when I get on the computer, it's usually after I get home late and am really tired. Usually that tiredness is because of being busy as a leader somewhere. That can drain you and cause you to drift into the background. You get tired of having so much required of you so you try and take a break. The problem is, sometimes people dont let you. They always want the same people to take the fore-front. This is something I have been trying to work on - letting others take the lead. I've been told that I come across too strong and to demanding or persistant. Nothing can be done right unless I do it. I'm trying to change that view and let others show off what they can do. Maybe that side is what's coming across on the site more than I think.

Soren Kierkegaard

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links