Men in the kitchen

Topics and discussion geared towards lifestyle, personal finance/economics, and consumer affairs.
luvbugin

Men in the kitchen

Post by luvbugin »

Today I had to google how to bool an egg. I don't cook and I dread the kitchen and the grocery store. I've realized from my friends that I'm not the only one like this. It's become more acceptable for the men to be the cooks in the relationship. I know my hubs loves cooking. What do you guys think? Does it really matter anymore? Do you do the cooking in your relationship?

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
Sir Jig-A-Lot

Re: Men in the kitchen

Post by Sir Jig-A-Lot »

Nah,Luv. As long as one of the two can cook, It doesn't matter which is the domestic.
ALL MY BITCHEZ LUH ME

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
Deepak

Post by Deepak »

I love a meal being cooked for me and I love getting my hands messy in the kitchen, so I dont believe that it matters anymore. I think anyone can be a cook. Just who has the love for cooking food more.

By the way welcome back luv!
WHEN THE RICH WAGE WAR ITS THE POOR WHO DIE

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
deepdiver32073
Iconoclast Extraordinaire

Post by deepdiver32073 »

I've always loved to cook. My mother began to teach me how to cook at an early age. She wanted to make sure that regardless of my situation, I'd be able to fend for myself (she wasn't nearly so successful at getting me to clean). I enjoy baking, canning, grilling, whatever.

All of my wives have been thrilled to cede the kitchen to me. Too bad it hasn't kept them thrilled.

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
Sir Jig-A-Lot

Post by Sir Jig-A-Lot »

deepdiver32073 wrote:I've always loved to cook. My mother began to teach me how to cook at an early age. She wanted to make sure that regardless of my situation, I'd be able to fend for myself
Ditto.
ALL MY BITCHEZ LUH ME

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
luvbugin

Post by luvbugin »

Hey deepak ;-)

Sorry to hear DD. Those must be the type of women who are never happy with anything and are never satisfied.

I think men make better cooks anyhow. You guys have the patience we don't.

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
darklighter1

Post by darklighter1 »

Well it seems to me from the women I've dated in my lifetime is that today's woman knows neither how to cook nor how to clean so I guess it's good my mother is a bit of a cleanliness natzi and a pretty good chef so it rubbed off on me and I can fend for myself pretty well in both areas. Now if you'll excuse me I have a brisket in the oven and a toilet to scrub (and absolutely in that order).

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
luvbugin

Post by luvbugin »

Haha! I clean pretty darn well, but I work excessively so its not like I'm doing nothing.

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
AYHJA

Post by AYHJA »

I'm pretty versatile...I'm good at make shift meals, making things good that people normally wouldn't make meals out of...I didn't want to go out, so I went and got some bologna out the fridge, cut up a red onion, broke out the olive oil, a few herbs and made some sandwiches out of lightly toasted tortilla with cheese...My girl was violently opposed to the idea at first, but then ate two of them, and was like, "So, that's what bologna tastes like?" cdr...

Still, I gotta say...My girl is a superior cook:

So I only get in when its necessary...But I can, and don't mind doing anything domestic...Has to be a balance, so I'd def. keep that in mind luv...And, a woman cooking for her man is never a bad thing, regardless... :)

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
jdog

Post by jdog »

luvbugin wrote:Hey deepak ;-)

Sorry to hear DD. Those must be the type of women who are never happy with anything and are never satisfied.

I think men make better cooks anyhow. You guys have the patience we don't.
Last woman I was with rarely cooked. When she did it was whatever instant meal she could throw together. Never made anything from scratch. She also ate out QUITE a bit. Sheesh!
If any links are down, please send me a PM!

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links