Game of Thrones

Misc. discussion about TV shows, movies, theater, celebrities, music, video games, novels, and comic books goes here.
AYHJA

Re: Game of Thrones

Post by AYHJA »

God bless On-Demand...

Just watched the first season, and man..! This worked out nicely, its a great mix of old fantasy, lore, and soap opera story to keep just about anybody interested...

Fire cannot kill the dragon..!

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
AYHJA

Post by AYHJA »

Oh, and dl1, my girl says you shouldn't be disrespecting wonder woman that way...

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
jdog

Post by jdog »

Über wrote:God bless On-Demand...

Just watched the first season, and man..! This worked out nicely, its a great mix of old fantasy, lore, and soap opera story to keep just about anybody interested...

Fire cannot kill the dragon..!
Yeah, she's definitely a hot one. :p
If any links are down, please send me a PM!

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
jdog

Post by jdog »

Another role has been filled on the next season of Game of Thrones...

http://www.cnn.com/2011/SHOWBIZ/celebri ... index.html
Another role has been filled on HBO's "Game of Thrones!"
Actress Gwendoline Christie has been cast in the pivotal part of Brienne, announced Thrones author George R.R. Martin onhis blog.
Brienne isn't physically a very flattering character in the books, described as a large and piggish-looking woman with an awkward personality who's mocked as "Brienne the Beauty." But her character, who serves the late king's brother Renly, is a fan favorite.
Brienne is as tough and skilled with a sword as most men and longs for knighthood despite her gender. Christie is a relatively unknown actress who was in "The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus" and joins former "Tudors" star Natalie Dormer who was added to the "Thrones" season 2 cast a couple weeks back.

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
darklighter1

Post by darklighter1 »

Über wrote:Oh, and dl1, my girl says you shouldn't be disrespecting wonder woman that way...
DISRESPECTING!?? Is there a hotter woman EVER than Gaby Ramirez to put on that uniform?...ahem...take off that uniform?...(details)....anyhoo you tell your girl it is the most sincere compliment in the world and if Gaby was cast as Wondy in a movie then Titanic's movie box office would be broken I so swear!

Ok sorry to Jdog for taking the thread off subject. Carry on... :ssh:

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
Sir Jig-A-Lot

Post by Sir Jig-A-Lot »

We should all have ravens (or mockingbirds if we wanna clown someone) delivering our instant messages instead of cell phones (which are too impersonal). That is lesson we should take away from Game Of Thrones.
ALL MY BITCHEZ LUH ME

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
jdog

Post by jdog »

Season 2 starts April 1! Here's the trailer!

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
Drew

Post by Drew »

This show is the shit! I'm trying hard to hold back from reading the books. Most of my friends went on to read the first book after watching the first season, but just kept reading until the end. Personally, I prefer suspending my disbelief, not knowing what's going to happen, and just watching how they portray everything.

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
Sir Jig-A-Lot

Post by Sir Jig-A-Lot »

Drew wrote: Personally, I prefer suspending my disbelief, not knowing what's going to happen, and just watching how they portray everything.
Agreed. I read the first book and decided to abstain from reading the rest. Just like The Walking Dead, I'm treating the source material and shows as two different entities.
ALL MY BITCHEZ LUH ME

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
AYHJA

Post by AYHJA »

Thrones is back..! Did anyone else catch the opener..?

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links