The Walking Dead

Misc. discussion about TV shows, movies, theater, celebrities, music, video games, novels, and comic books goes here.
AYHJA

The Walking Dead

Post by AYHJA »

IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1520211/?ref_=fn_al_tt_4

Didn't realize there wasn't a topic for the show before I went all VU on it...You can catch the show on demand and Netflix, I also have DVDrips and HDTV rips to the current episodes that I can post for the AF user on limited bandwidth...At any rate, Zombies and vampires seem to be all the rage these days...It's for that very reason that I avoided this show when I first heard about it...But I unwillingly got subjected to a marathon, and figured I may as well dive in...

Not sorry that I did, I enjoy the show...It has managed thus far to keep my "this is stupid" notion sufficiently suppressed...Zombie films always have a tinge of really unrealistic behaviors associated with them that I just find reprehensible...I look at this a little differently that I do movies, I guess because I realize that its a TV show and there will be some cost constraints associated with it...Gotta cut your losses somewhere, may as well be in the superficial acquisitions department...

This is like the most watched show ever or something, just a heads up if you're late to the part like moi...
ImageImage
Image Image

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
AYHJA

Re: The Walking Dead

Post by AYHJA »

I don't know if it's a good or a bad thing that I'm seemingly the only one here watching this, but it's nearing the end for the season and I gotta say, I'm pretty stoaked...I've never watched a TV show that had another TV show just to talk about it...They do a really good job of promoting the show, with interactive things online and all...It's really pretty great...

I have the eps handy if someone wants a thread...

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
darklighter1

Post by darklighter1 »

I can talk about it with ya Ube. I hate zombie flicks and yet love this show. It can get pretty boring at times but for the most part I really love everything they do. Never read the comic though.

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
Sir Jig-A-Lot

Post by Sir Jig-A-Lot »

I love the show. I love the book even more. It's gangsta as fuck , has twists coming out of it's butt, & paced very fast. I'd advise both of you to check it out while the show is on hiatus. 120+ issues deep with no let up. H2 has done a great job posting it here. Just in case you didn't know, Only the first 3 eps of season 1 are in any way alike storywise. The show split off on it's own after that. It shares key characters & locations, but that's about it. I can talk about both show & book until the cows come home. Just not tonight. I'm in a fucked up headspace. Hopefully soon.

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
darklighter1

Post by darklighter1 »

Hey I'm in a fucked up headspace tonight too! Huh...we're like fucked up headspace brothers. I'll catch up with you guys later too!

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
Sir Jig-A-Lot

Post by Sir Jig-A-Lot »

Ha! I hope it's just you catching a bug, Darkie. In my case, it's the usual: B-I-T-C-H-E-Z

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
darklighter1

Post by darklighter1 »

HA! No mine was because of W-O-R-K...well my boss (a cunt by the way) is a bitch so maybe we have a variation of the same problem. Sorry to hear about the female problems brother. We all go through those though!

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
Sir Jig-A-Lot

Post by Sir Jig-A-Lot »

Ha, Is it the same boss you used to bitch about a few years back? I remember that used to give me visuals of Wesley in Wanted.

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
darklighter1

Post by darklighter1 »

HA! No different one...hey I'm starting to see a pattern here of my own sorry life...could it be I just hate figures of authority? Nah course not.

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
Sir Jig-A-Lot

Post by Sir Jig-A-Lot »

Mayhap you are an old school anarchist like yours truly, darklighter?

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links