Matthew McConaughey Is on the Brink of Making History \m/

Misc. discussion about TV shows, movies, theater, celebrities, music, video games, novels, and comic books goes here.
AYHJA

Matthew McConaughey Is on the Brink of Making History \m/

Post by AYHJA »

Matthew McConaughey's Oscar-winning month may have set the stage for a history-making awards-show year.

A week after McConaughey claimed the Best Actor statuette for "Dallas Buyers Club," the 43-year-old star is the consensus pick of early-bird Emmy pundits to take Outstanding Lead Actor in a TV Movie or Miniseries for HBO's "True Detective." If the buzz holds, McConaughey will be the first Best Actor Oscar-winner to take home an Emmy in the same year.

More/Source: http://goo.gl/yf7CSW

I've seen both, True Detective is good enough to have made it into my TV rotation, which has previously been filled by about 3 total shows per year. I'm now concurrently watching 4 or so, which is the most TV I have watched in 3 years...

Walking Dead
Banshee
True Detective
Cosmos
ImageImage
Image Image

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
darklighter1

Re: Matthew McConaughey Is on the Brink of Making History \m

Post by darklighter1 »

It's amazing this has never happened before. He definitely deserves it for True Detective though, he was unreal on there. Ube you don't watch Game of Thrones?

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
AYHJA

Re: Matthew McConaughey Is on the Brink of Making History \m

Post by AYHJA »

How dare you ask if I'm up on my sword and sandals, dl1! For sure man, been down from s01e01...I'm just saying, I'm usually watching one show per season, now I'm watching 4 or 5...GoT will be added to the list as soon as Daenerys steps out of that tub again...

But Banshee has ended, so I'll still be at a minimum, but wow...TV has really upped the ante, every time I turn it on, there seems like there's a show worth watching on

BTW, we missed you bud, glad you're back!

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links