The Necessary Software Thread

Talk about and discuss various advancements and achievents in the arts and sciences of invention and modification; computers, sciences, mathematics, and technology for all.

No votes

Total votes: 0

shin_dr

Re: The Necessary Software Thread

Post by shin_dr »

Well, it still has some warts and today I had another annoyance that I'm not sure is related but seems odd to come up soon after switching back.

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
shin_dr

Post by shin_dr »

nearly a year later and it still seems unreliable smh.

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
shin_dr

Post by shin_dr »

Big annoyance today which I'm sure is still related to Firefox. I'm going to look through the addons but it's just annoying. And yet I'm not sure if some of the stuff I would like to continue or at least find a decent alternative via Opera.

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
shin_dr

Post by shin_dr »

Opera does indeed work with the dl manager (I don't recall seeing it earlier but I may have missed it, would have been really helpful then) but I haven't had much time to dig through the other stuff yet.

Did try DrWeb CureIt as a precaution. Took a fairly long time to just say "yeah, this thing has some nagware!" but at least there wasn't anything major. Might prefer the live disk when I get around to some other stuff but that's still kind of on the back burner.

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
shin_dr

Post by shin_dr »

I'm hoping it's just something in the settings but the initial "let's try with this file" didn't seem to detect it at all.

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
shin_dr

Post by shin_dr »

So now it does seem to be available on right click at least but there's some other hangups. Of course between the sites, Opera's own updates etc. I'm not sure what exactly, or if it's a sort of "turn it on only when you do find a keeper" situation.

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
shin_dr

Post by shin_dr »

Tried again and even with an update it keeps griping about the application path

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links