Topics and discussion geared towards lifestyle, personal finance/economics, and consumer affairs.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 37987
- Joined: Fri Sep 17, 2004 2:25 pm
- Location: Washington, D.C.
Admit it. You're afraid of your Form 1040 or any other tax forms. That's OK. A lot of us are. And our tax fears, sometimes irrational, sometimes warranted, cause us to do a lot of dumb things when it comes to our annual returns.
Some people put off filing, some don't file at all. Neither of those choices is a wise tax move.
But fear doesn't have to paralyze you. Here are six common tax terrors. Some are real. Some aren't nearly as terrifying as you might think.
1. Afraid I can't do my taxes myself
2. Afraid I'll overlook a tax break
3. Afraid I'll make a mistake that will cost me money
4. Afraid that my tax adviser is incompetent or a crook
5. Afraid I'll get audited
6. Afraid to file because I can't pay
|Hide post links|