How to end wokeness

Very general discussion.

How to end wokeness

Post by 5829 »

How to end wokeness? Commercialize it

https://m.startribune.com/how-to-end-wo ... 600057959/
Nudes are played out.
Send me a video of you reading out loud so I know you are not dumb and your profile picture is actually you.

Free Rice - feed the world - play for free
National Domestic Violence Hotline - 1-800-799-7233
National Rape, Sexual Assault Hotline - 1-800-656-4673
Love Is Respect - 1-866-331-9474

~~~ accept everything - Believe Whatever - TRUST NOTHING ~~~~

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Never tell all you know...

Disclaimer: The opinions are my own. Nobody else wants them.

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
namehunter

Re: How to end wokeness

Post by namehunter »

Great piece. Saved to my political thought folder.Cheers

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
AYHJA

Re: How to end wokeness

Post by AYHJA »

Me personally, I don't understand exactly how this term became common. It's amazing what things social media can amplify, good or bad.

I don't understand what people are saying when they use the word "woke" exactly. When we as black people use it, it simply means alert. Don't get comfortable. As a black man in America, I can't ever really say I feel comfortable when I'm outside of my home. I'm not afraid. But I'm not comfortable. Shit can go south quickly, and for no reason.

But I digress, if anything, I'm alarmed and slightly offended when words that we use in our culture somehow go mainstream, and then turn into these...Things...That leave me confused.

Critical race theory should just be called history. What they say, it's true. We all know it. The bias and prejudice present during slavery didn't go away just because it was abolished. We don't have to talk history. He's a homeowner now, but when my brother got his last apartment, he was told, "No." Sent his girlfriend in there, who is white, and she was told "Yes." When they both walked in together, the clerk stood there in a scent of shame and anger. This wasn't 1915. This was 2015. In Tennessee no less.

Too many talking heads and not enough listening heads on social media, and in general. The internet has data, but making information takes work. Now we have AI to contend with, and I can't imagine it getting any better. Woke my ass lol.
ImageImage
Image Image

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links