Iron Writer of the Month Award

Win out here, and get something shiny!
Adtz

Post by Adtz »

So no one is worthy of an award? I nominate Highlander65 for IronWriter of the month for March 2007.

With this award comes a check for $1000* and the right to harass anyone else on the forum.

* Must be picked up in person at an undisclosed location.

Legal disclaimer:
Any and all money in this post bears no actual relationship to real money, whether living or dead. All rights reserved. © 2007, Making An Adtz of Myself, Inc.

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
Highlander65

Post by Highlander65 »

I'd like to thank the academy. . .

Whoa Dude! Thanks for the vote, but maybe you should make this a poll(edited to make Aemeth feel better) and let everyone put in their 2 cents.

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
Aemeth

Post by Aemeth »

Or maybe a poll? turning things into a pole makes me nervous /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

LOL just being jestful

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
AYHJA

Post by AYHJA »

An interesting idea..!

I like the idea of creative hardware, I wouldn't just say for writing though, all of those guys contributing in the Prolific section are deserving of hardware...

BUT...

The reason we haven't been doing it is because we are going to be upgrading the forum software soon, and attaching the hardware to your profile will be problematic...

Plus, we need someone to design the graphic and code in the trophy holder so it shows up next to your post...
ImageImage
Image Image

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
Adtz

Post by Adtz »

That sounds really cool. So how soon. Huh? Are we there yet? You got it ready? <pant><pant><pant>
I really want to give Highlander grief -- I mean make sure the appropriate person gets the award...
It should be like a picture of an iron statue with like a quill pen, ya know dude?
Are we there yet? I've been typing a long time here - aren't you done yet??

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
Deepak

Post by Deepak »

LMAO Adtz.

Im for the idea as well. Turning it into a poll is a good idea and we could have whatever piece which the award is given for on the home page or something so everyone can have a read at it
WHEN THE RICH WAGE WAR ITS THE POOR WHO DIE

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
Adtz

Post by Adtz »

I like the idea of a poll on the pieces - maybe we could more people to read them...are we there yet? Where's the award? I mean it's been minutes and minutes and minutes and....

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
Highlander65

Post by Highlander65 »

LMFAO @ Adtz!

I think it's a great idea. We could make it pole and get some girls to dance on it but Aemeth doesn't like that idea so I guess we could go with a poll.

If you are going to do awards there are many other categories that could be included. Top Poster (quality not quantity), Top writer, Top cool dude, and more. The next question would be who gets to vote? Select individuals or should it be an open poll?

I don't do graphics, but I do some PHP sometimes. I might be able to help. It's a database lookup and an image print after the avatar stats. It should be harder to find where to put the code then to code it.

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
AYHJA

Post by AYHJA »

I'm glad you guys are gassed about it, it cause I surely will do it...

You can see the past award winners in this forum if you change the topic view from the last 30 days...

We have a best new member, Poster of the Month, etc...
ImageImage
Image Image

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
Highlander65

Post by Highlander65 »

I just came up with an easy way for you to do the awards. You have the ability to make separate groups for each award winner. Find or make an icon of a trophy to use as the group icon and give the award winners access to areas that only paying members have for one month, a teaser if you will, to give them a taste of the complete site and maybe they will want to send you some maintenance $$$ to help keep the site running.

Created in 3D.

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links