Random Movie News

Misc. discussion about TV shows, movies, theater, celebrities, music, video games, novels, and comic books goes here.
Sir Jig-A-Lot

Random Movie News

Post by Sir Jig-A-Lot »

i figured we could use a thread like this for stuff that didn't warrant their own threads..

FF 3 A NO GO
source: MTV
'Fantastic Four 3’ Probably Not Happening, Reveals Chris Evans
3 Comments | Published by Shawn Adler on Thursday, March 20, 2008 at 3:17 pm.

Chris EvansDr. Doom couldn’t do it. The Silver Surfer couldn’t either. Galactus, destroyer of worlds and devourer of planets? Never stood a chance. Nearly fifty years of adventures, and not one villain could ever put a permanent end to Reed Richards, Sue Storm, and the first family of crime-fighting.

Now they’re ready to hang it up based on a little negative criticism?

“I’m pretty sure we won’t do [another] one,” insisted “Fantastic Four” star Chris Evans, who excelled in two films as the Human Torch. “I’m assuming that one is a closed book.”

What gives? In recent months, both Jessica Alba and Michael Chiklis have expressed a strong desire to come back for “FF3,” each one even going so far as to offer up a preferred storyline.

Sure, Franklin Richards or The Puppet Master would be cool. It’s not the storylines that worries Evans, he insists, it’s the fact that they have to offer it up the storylines at all, he told MTV News.

“After the first one was released we got wind of potential titles and plots [almost immediately], and I’ve heard nothing from anyone at Fox [yet],” he grumbled. “We had all planned on doing [another] one but if there were going to be a third I think a week after the second one was released we would have heard.”

It might be for the best. When we spoke with Evans in June, he acknowledged the failings of the first two movies, but said he still thought the franchise’s “potential has not been reached.”
“I still think this can be something great, and I think we are getting closer,” he said at the time. “”I think that if [”FF2″] does ok and people respond with the appreciation of a more serious tone, hopefully [with] the third one we can inch closer to a legitimate cast and a legitimate film.”

Now Evans — who will next be seen with Keanu Reeves in the cop drama “Street Kings” — is singing a different tune, confessing that he’s “ready to walk away” from the role that made him a household name.

“It takes up a lot of time. It’s a big commitment,” he said. “I’m happy with walking away.”

Still, Evans confessed that he does want to leave the door a little ajar, citing Marvel’s recent success with character cross-pollination. If “Spider-Man” or “Hulk” came to him with a cameo, he’s be the first on board.

“Absolutely,” he enthused. “If Johnny Storm wanted to make a pop in appearance in one of those movies that would be a treat.”

What do you make of Evans’ revelations? Are you holding out hope for another “Fantastic Four”? Or, like me, do you think they’re just, well, a little too silly. Good news or bad news – FLAME ON!

Marvel Studios' Kevin Feige last summer said the Silver Surfer movie had been "moved to the forefront" of discussions. And just last month, Straczynski said the spin-off will cover the origin of the character and will feature Galactus.
[center]Image[/center]
Joby Harold to Adapt Ronin
Source: The Hollywood Reporter
March 20, 2008

The Hollywood Reporter says screenwriter Joby Harold (Awake) will write an adaptation of the Frank Miller graphic novel "Ronin" for Warner Bros.

"Ronin," which Miller wrote and drew in the early 1980s, centers on a masterless samurai who is reincarnated in a dystopic near-future New York populated by squatters, factions and mutants. The ronin must try to destroy a demon with a mystic sword, which also is found in New York.

Sylvain White is attached to direct, while Gianni Nunnari, one of the producers behind the Miller adaptation 300, and his Hollywood Gang are producing.
Last edited by Sir Jig-A-Lot on Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ALL MY BITCHEZ LUH ME

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
AYHJA

Re: Random Comic Movie News

Post by AYHJA »

PLEASE don't make another FF movie man...I don't think I could take it...

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
Sir Jig-A-Lot

Re: Random Movie News

Post by Sir Jig-A-Lot »

let's hope FF is dead n' buried,Ube.

below are the first 2 photos of the G.I. Joe movie's Snake Eyes.looks mad cool. still think the movie will be wiggedy wack though.

ImageImage
ALL MY BITCHEZ LUH ME

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
Sir Jig-A-Lot

Post by Sir Jig-A-Lot »

Taylor: Jonah Hex Script Complete
Source:ShockTillYouDrop.com
March 21, 2008
[center]Image[/center]

In just a little over a month, powerhouse writing-directing team Mark Neveldine and Brian Taylor (Game) begin shooting a sequel to their pumped-up, kinetic actioner Crank. Following that, it's Jonah Hex, the DC comics western steeped in the supernatural (original announcement).

"I think it's the best script we've written," Taylor told me during a late-night soiree in Hollywood thrown in anticipation of Pathology, a film he co-penned with Neveldine. Warner Bros. apparently loves the script and understands the tone the pair have brought to this tale of true grit and blood - and if you've seen Crank and Pathology, you know all bets are off and you're in for a unpredictable, f'ed-up ride.

Asked if there was any concern over comparisons between the upcoming "Hex" and Neil Marshall's recently announced horror western Sacrilege, Taylor expresses no worries. "I'm not sure what that film's going to be like, but ours is less horror." Still, he promises, it's going to be plenty twisted.
ALL MY BITCHEZ LUH ME

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
AYHJA

Post by AYHJA »

You know I really think they could make a good movie of G.I. Joe, it had some great characters man...Has to be a reason it hasn't been done before now though, and 'wiggidy wack' sounds like a good reason...

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
Sir Jig-A-Lot

Post by Sir Jig-A-Lot »

problem with the Joe movie is the studios want their cake & eat it too. the want the kiddie market & the adults ala Transformers. i don't see it workin' if they try & accomodate both. either you make this particular flick for the young'uns to sell toys & inspire a recruitment drive in the babies or make a down n dirty r-rated blood n' guts one. shit just won't work as a middle-ground movie.
ALL MY BITCHEZ LUH ME

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
Sir Jig-A-Lot

Post by Sir Jig-A-Lot »

source: TMB
New Luxury Theaters To Charge $35 A Ticket

All you have to do is walk into a movie theater more than 15 years old to notice how much more “luxurious” modern theaters have become. Better seats, better screens, better sound, better design… yadda yadda yadda. The nicer theaters already charge a little bit more for a ticket to see a movie in their facility, and some of us have been more than happy to spend it for the small extra amount of comfort and quality we get. But how far does that go.

Are you willing to pay $35 for a movie ticket in a REALLY nice theater? There is a group of investor that are willing to bet you are! The folks over at Variety give us this:

The partners will spend $200 million to build 50 theaters nationwide over the next five years, with the first two venues set to open in South Barrington, a suburb of Chicago, and the Seattle suburb of Redmond in October. Others are planned for Fairview, Texas, near Dallas-Fort Worth, and Scottsdale, Ariz. Each complex will sport theaters featuring 40 reclining armchair seats with footrests, digital projection and the capability to screen 2-D and 3-D movies, as well as a lounge and bar serving cocktails and appetizers, a concierge service and valet parking. But the circuit will especially push its culinary offerings — made-to-order meals like sushi and other theater-friendly foods from on-site chefs (a service button at each seat calls a waiter). Moviegoers will have to pay extra for any food they order, however.

The story goes on to explain that the company just sees themselves as offering a first class ticket as opposed to an economy one. It’s actually a good comparison. You do after all get what you pay for (at least in the facility, the extra cost doesn’t ensure the movie will actually be any good).

I have to admit, when I first heard about these new luxury theaters with their $35 tickets, I scoffed. “Screw this!” I almost said out loud. But the more I thought about it, I realized I would probably take advantage of a theater like that once in a while. Maybe for Hulk, Iron Man, Transformers 2 or Avatar. Just 40 seats… all recliners… and at that price you’re pretty much guaranteed no noisy kids or idiot talking and texting teenagers. Yeah… I could see myself going to one of these theaters once in a while.

So how about you? If a theater this luxurious was in your neck of the woods, would you visit it occasionally even at $35 per ticket?
ALL MY BITCHEZ LUH ME

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
darklighter1

Post by darklighter1 »

Sir Jig-A-Lot wrote:problem with the Joe movie is the studios want their cake & eat it too. the want the kiddie market & the adults ala Transformers. i don't see it workin' if they try & accomodate both. either you make this particular flick for the young'uns to sell toys & inspire a recruitment drive in the babies or make a down n dirty r-rated blood n' guts one. shit just won't work as a middle-ground movie.

Wish you had George Lucas' ear before Episode One Jig. Snake Eyes does look fricken wicked pissah but I'm kinda not lookin forward to this either after I read yesterday that Gordon Leavitt(?) I believe his name is will be the Cobra Commander (the kid from Third Rock from the Son). Why not just cast the kid from Malcolm in the Middle? Yeesh!

As for the FF, that whole series should be restarted like Hulk and Batman. The Torch and the Silver Surfer were played pretty accurately but I have no idea who the other characters were. BOOOO! Down with Tim Story! BOOOOO!

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
Sir Jig-A-Lot

Post by Sir Jig-A-Lot »

darklighter1 wrote: I read yesterday that Gordon Leavitt(?) I believe his name is will be the Cobra Commander (the kid from Third Rock from the Son). Why not just cast the kid from Malcolm in the Middle? Yeesh!
i'm just waitin' on them to announce that Duke will be played by Fred Savage from the Wonder Years.
ALL MY BITCHEZ LUH ME

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
AYHJA

Post by AYHJA »

Actually, that $35 may be a little ridiculous, but it seems like they're really amping up the experience...Realistically you may be looking at a $100 bill, but if you eat some good ass food for 2, you could spend close to that and not have a movie to watch in ultra HD...So actually, once a year isn't that bad to spend like he said, on a Transformers or Iron Man type of movie...

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links