For the record Bi=Gay

Discuss your favorite athlete, talk about current sporting news, physical fitness, martial arts, and anything else related to athletics here.
AYHJA

For the record Bi=Gay

Post by AYHJA »

Willamette football player comes out as bisexual

After years of feeling somewhat alone in the world, Conner Mertens, a 19-year-old red-shirt freshman kicker for Willamette (Ore.) University football team, finally has found some peace.

Last week, the student-athlete told his coach, Glen Fowles, that he is bisexual, that he has a boyfriend - and on Monday he announced it to the rest of the world in the name of helping and inspiring other LGBT athletes, students, and people like him.

"Hi, I'm Conner," he said as he sat down with a big smile on his face, his teammates and coach on either side of him, and he dug into the issue with confidence.

"I want to end stereotypes and stigmas that go along with what it means to like the same sex or be attracted to the same sex," said Mertens at the small press conference held Tuesday at Sparks Athletic Center at Willamette University.

More/Source: http://goo.gl/CFVgIj
ImageImage
Image Image

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
AYHJA

Re: For the record Bi=Gay

Post by AYHJA »

Couple of things here...

1. Football player is a loosely used term here...He's the kicker...
2. Of all the professional sports, I'd bet cash that football players have the highest gay ratio...
3. I personally find this disgusting...But, to each his own...

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links