Windows 10 on the way

Talk about and discuss various advancements and achievents in the arts and sciences of invention and modification; computers, sciences, mathematics, and technology for all.
kurgan2001

Windows 10 on the way

Post by kurgan2001 »

Well it's that time when Microsoft has decided to thrust upon us a new version of Windows. Windows 10. Where 9 went, I have no idea, but I digress. It comes, and will you upgrade or will you not? I don't know if I will immediately. I'll probably put it on a test box first to see how much has changed. Thoughts? Concerns? Indifference? Discuss :D

http://www.neowin.net/news/tags/windows_10

Also: I'M BACK!! ---ish .... lol.

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
shin_dr

Re: Windows 10 on the way

Post by shin_dr »

I still don't know yet.

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
kurgan2001

Post by kurgan2001 »

shin_dr wrote:I still don't know yet.
Well, I'll probably be migrating to it when it comes out since it'll be free for the first year. Also this helps

http://www.neowin.net/news/fyi-microsof ... windows-10
And even better: once a qualified Windows device is upgraded to Windows 10, we will continue to keep it up to date for the supported lifetime of the device, keeping it more secure, and introducing new features and functionality over time – for no additional charge.
Gotta love that.

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post by 5829 »

Rumor has it that they skipped Windows 9 to distance themselves as much as possible from Windows 8. Also no more IE. They will be coming out with a new browser.
As far as updating I doubt it. For what I use Windows for Windows 7 still works for me.
Nudes are played out.
Send me a video of you reading out loud so I know you are not dumb and your profile picture is actually you.

Free Rice - feed the world - play for free
National Domestic Violence Hotline - 1-800-799-7233
National Rape, Sexual Assault Hotline - 1-800-656-4673
Love Is Respect - 1-866-331-9474

~~~ accept everything - Believe Whatever - TRUST NOTHING ~~~~

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Never tell all you know...

Disclaimer: The opinions are my own. Nobody else wants them.

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
kurgan2001

Post by kurgan2001 »

5829 wrote:Rumor has it that they skipped Windows 9 to distance themselves as much as possible from Windows 8. Also no more IE. They will be coming out with a new browser.
As far as updating I doubt it. For what I use Windows for Windows 7 still works for me.
There is still an IE for compatibility reasons but the new browser, called Edge, was rebuilt for speed and will have extension support.

The notification to reserve your free copy for the Windows 10 upgrade has started. All Windows 7, 8, and 8.1 users will get it. Windows 10 will ship July 29th also.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly ... unch-date/

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
AYHJA

Post by AYHJA »

I'm on board. Completely.

I downloaded an early copy, and while I got rid of it rather quickly, I am still hopeful about all the changes. I am a M$ fan, and while I do enjoy tinkering with my fair share of Linux distros, I am Windows through and through. I'm stoaked, actually... :D

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
kurgan2001

Post by kurgan2001 »

:X .. I tinker with Linux in virtualbox on my laptop. I just installed Fedora 22 on it and it runs pretty well. I just can't get Linux to do all the things I want it to, and the free Windows 10 upgrade is way too good a deal to pass up.

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
AYHJA

Post by AYHJA »

I feel the same way...And WB bud... :clap:

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
shin_dr

Post by shin_dr »

I wasn't a fan of Win8 the few times I've run into it.

I'll have 10 reserved on the main comp but the other machine I use hasn't gotten a reminder. That one has some added complications so I may be better off with something that can be run from USB.

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
kurgan2001

Post by kurgan2001 »

shin_dr wrote:I wasn't a fan of Win8 the few times I've run into it.

I'll have 10 reserved on the main comp but the other machine I use hasn't gotten a reminder. That one has some added complications so I may be better off with something that can be run from USB.
Huh. That's strange, but if it's having some complications, you'll still be able to upgrade it for free when it comes out. Is Windows Update working on it ok?

Also, Uber, check out http://www.jupiterbroadcasting.com for Linux/tech shows and podcasts. Love that site .. and they're also on youtube under jupiterbroadcasting

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links