This is a newer, woke-er, more inclusive Playboy

Misc. discussion about TV shows, movies, theater, celebrities, music, video games, novels, and comic books goes here.

This is a newer, woke-er, more inclusive Playboy

Post by 5829 »

https://cheddar.com/media/how-playboy-i ... ner-shadow
video interview - How Playboy is Rebranding to be More 'Woke' and Shedding the Hefner Shadow

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/02/busi ... nials.html
Will the Millennials Save Playboy?
The Hefners are gone, and so is the magazine’s short-lived ban on nudity — as well as virtually anyone on the staff over 35.

The Playboy team
Nudes are played out.
Send me a video of you reading out loud so I know you are not dumb and your profile picture is actually you.

Free Rice - feed the world - play for free
National Domestic Violence Hotline - 1-800-799-7233
National Rape, Sexual Assault Hotline - 1-800-656-4673
Love Is Respect - 1-866-331-9474

~~~ accept everything - Believe Whatever - TRUST NOTHING ~~~~

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Never tell all you know...

Disclaimer: The opinions are my own. Nobody else wants them.

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
AYHJA

Re: This is a newer, woke-er, more inclusive Playboy

Post by AYHJA »

I want to read an issue, you know. Just to be fair. I will always be a fan a loyal to the brand. And if it's good, I'll stick with it. But. I'd be lying if I say I wasn't a little crushed to read this.

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
shin_dr

Post by shin_dr »

I might give plus a try to see if I can finally id some stuff and I certainly don't mind seeing Riley Reid's butt on the site. :gostosa:

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
AYHJA

Post by AYHJA »

It took me a sec to even recognize that it was the same one that does HC...Interesting for sure, I've noticed a couple other adult film stars in spreads.
ImageImage
Image Image

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
shin_dr

Post by shin_dr »

Edit: wrong thread

Yeah, they seem to have quite a few in the "muses" section.

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post by 5829 »

No more PMOY - now everybody is a winner.
Maybe they will turn into the Suicide Girls.

(two articles in one post)
(for images or links see articles)

https://pagesix.com/2020/03/10/playboy- ... clusivity/

Playboy to end Playmate of the Year in favor of inclusivity

It’s the end of the road for Playmate of the Year, Page Six is told.

Since 1960 Playboy has handed out the award to its favorite Playmate of the month from the previous year, giving the honor to such skin superstars as Jenny McCarthy, Anna Nicole Smith and Victoria Silvstedt over the years. (And, notably, Karen McDougal).

But a rep for the magazine tells us that from now on it will be replaced by Playmates of the Year, ‘celebrat[ing] all twelve diverse Playmates of the month” from the previous year. The rep told us it’s now “a more inclusive celebration.”

“The point of this change was to not exclude anyone and instead of honoring one Playmate they’re honoring all 12 diverse Playmates of the year for each of their unique contributions to the brand” they said. “They had an exceptional group of impressive diverse women join the Playboy family as Playmates for 2019. These women are accomplished advocates and admirable personalities in their own right. We wanted to raise the group up as a whole and felt that there was a need to commemorate each of them one more time.”

It means that the last-ever Playmate of the Year will be 2019’s Jordan Emanuel.

----------------------------------------------------------

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/1 ... diversity/

BOY-COTT As Playboy ditches Playmate Of The Year to celebrate ‘diversity’, we ask if it marks the end of an era

IT’S been a highlight for 60 years but Playboy has axed its Playmate Of The Year award for top pin-up – in the interests of inclusivity.

Instead, the men’s mag will celebrate all 12 of its monthly Playmates, and a spokesman said: “The point of this change was to not exclude anyone.”

Marilyn Monroe starred on the cover of the first issue of Playboy in 1953
Marilyn Monroe starred on the cover of the first issue of Playboy in 1953
Pamela Anderson also famously posed for the magazine
Pamela Anderson also famously posed for the magazineCredit: Splash News
Here, two writers pay tribute to the lasting appeal of Playboy’s Playmates.

Playboy Playmates brighten up the world
By Colin Robertson, Playboy enthusiast
FIRST they came for the school egg and spoon race . . . now Playboy’s Playmate Of The Year has been stripped of its competitive edge.

There will be no more top of the top shelf, no more best of the breast, no more gold for the centrefold.

Katie Price, then known as Jordan, posed for the cover of Playboy in 2002
Katie Price, then known as Jordan, posed for the cover of Playboy in 2002Credit: Handout
Chief Bunny has spoken — no longer will the mag decide which of the year’s Playmate Of The Month models was the best, earning them the accolade Playmate Of The Year.

Now, every Playmate is a winner.

Cue Playmates Of The Year.

A Playboy spokesman declared the change was to honour “all 12 diverse Playmates Of The Year for each of their unique contributions to the brand”.

So the last impossibly beautiful (amen to that!) “unique contributor” to receive the honour   —   the bookend to 1960’s first winner, Ellen Stratton — is dazzling Jordan Emanuel.

Rumours of a change of tack were a heart-in-the-mouth moment for fans of the annual contest, of which I count myself as one.

Because when Playboy starts making noises that it is “freshening up” its brand, “moving with the times”, you fear the worst.

Supermodel Cindy Crawford starred on the cover in July 1988
Supermodel Cindy Crawford starred on the cover in July 1988
Has the perpetually offended Twitter mob finally got the bunny by the ears?

Will the magazine that probably taught men more about fast cars and great writing than it ever did about sex (Roald Dahl, John Steinbeck, Margaret Atwood all wrote for it) now be covering up its models so some women’s group in Croydon can justify the money they spent on those #boilthebunny T-shirts?

Mercifully not. They’re just giving us more. Playboy Playmates brighten up the world.

Just look at the last few Playmates Of The Year, as I, plus the now quarterly mag’s half a million subscribers, have done at leisure.

They are usually women you have never heard of — no naff celebrities pumped full of fillers.

Kate Moss famously donned ears and a tail to pose for Playboy's 60th anniversary issue in January 2014
Kate Moss famously donned ears and a tail to pose for Playboy's 60th anniversary issue in January 2014Credit: PA:Press Association
The iconic shoot made Kate the Playboy Bunny to end them all
The iconic shoot made Kate the Playboy Bunny to end them allCredit: PA:Press Association
Dani Mathers, 2015 winner, a vision of blonde sunshine and only 5ft 1in.

Likewise Sara Jean Underwood, another perfect petite Playmate (2007) at 5ft 3in.

Hope Dworaczyk. No, I can’t pronounce 2010’s Playmate Of The Year’s name either but I know how to spell it — H O T.

And what about the ones you have heard of?

The Playmates who weren’t Playmate Of The Year, mainly because they didn’t need the honour?

Marilyn Monroe was on the cover of the first issue in 1953, while Daisy Lowe was September 2011’s cover star.

Hope Dworaczyk was Playboy's 2010 Playmate Of The Year
Hope Dworaczyk was Playboy's 2010 Playmate Of The YearCredit: Splash News
Kate Moss’s now iconic shoot in 2014 is the Playboy Bunny to end them all.

Yeah, she’d gone nude before, but as a Playmate she had a raw sex appeal that only her string of rock star exes had ever seen.

These women have been picked to peel off because they look amazing.

And we human beings like to look at amazing things.

Oh, and they also happen to BE amazing too.

Take Jordan Emanuel, the first black Playboy bunny to be made a Playmate of the Year.

Kim Kardashian graced the cover of the popular magazine in December 2007
Kim Kardashian graced the cover of the popular magazine in December 2007
When she isn’t showing us her incredible figure, she is fronting Women With Voices, “a platform of support, guidance and resources for all women from all walks of life”.

And let’s look at Nina Daniele, 2018’s winner, a breathtakingly beautiful brunette who also runs a boxing gym with classes for kids to learn motivation and confidence.

The list goes on — but I won’t.

Because it’s patronising, isn’t it? Having to justify that when a beautiful woman chooses to take her clothes off and show off her body it’s not the sum total of her being.

So thanks for the clarification, Playboy. Play on!
Nudes had to look like shop workers
By Carrie Pitzulo, author and history professor
IN 1955, Playboy’s subscription manager Charlaine Karalus posed topless for its founder Hugh Hefner’s newly conceived Playmate Of The Month feature under the pseudonym Janet Pilgrim – and became the first ever Playboy Playmate.

Rather than look like professional pin-ups, Heff wanted the girls who posed nude in his magazine to look like they could easily work in an office or shop.

Pamela Anderson appeared in Playboy several times, including this cover from February 2016
Pamela Anderson appeared in Playboy several times, including this cover from February 2016Credit: Playboy
Lengthy written profiles accompanied the girls’ photographs and sometimes they were even photographed sitting eating dinner with their parents.

Society judged women by harsh sexual standards and the idea of sexualising the “good girl” was highly controversial.

But I don’t think Playboy has been given enough credit for opening up the idea that average women enjoy sex too.

The period after World War Two was a very conservative time in America.

Anna Nicole Smith posed for the cover in February 1994
Anna Nicole Smith posed for the cover in February 1994
Then in 1948, US sexologist Alfred Kinsey published a massive study of sexuality.

It showed that American men and women had a lot more sexual experiences than most were willing to admit to – affairs, same-sex experiences, multiple partners – and it made headline news.

Hefner was captivated by the exposé of sexual hypocrisy and wrote supportive editorials about Kinsey’s work in the student magazine that he edited at the time.

Daisy Lowe was Playboy's September 2011 cover star
Daisy Lowe was Playboy's September 2011 cover starCredit: Playboy
MOST READ IN TV & SHOWBIZ

TOT SECRETNicole Appleton, 45, gives birth to baby girl after keeping her pregnancy secret

'BYE BYE MY BEAUTY'Caroline Flack's closest friends wore 'Choose Love' tops to her funeral

D'OH!Tom Hanks' coronavirus isolation was 'predicted' by The Simpsons Movie cameo in 2007

LOVED-UPCelebs Go Dating’s Alison Hammond links arms with new man Ben on romantic day out

CAST DIVIDELove Island cast reunite but finalists Paige, Finn, Siannise & Luke T skip it

GC REWINDGemma Collins' fans think she looks just like Holly Willoughby in throwback snaps
When he launched Playboy in 1953 there were naked women in its pages but they made up less than 15 per cent of the magazine.

In those early days, Hefner was this nerdy guy and the rest of the magazine reflected his more highbrow interests, such as jazz, politics, travel, clothes, food and literature.

Throughout the 1970s the magazine featured writers such as Germaine Greer and took a progressive view on issues like the Pill and abortion.

Play Video
Katie Price reveals she wants to pose for Playboy again SEVENTEEN years after first stripping naked for mag

GOT a story? RING The Sun on 0207 782 4104 or WHATSAPP on 07423720250 or EMAIL [email protected]

Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
13 Comments
TOPICS
FeaturesPlayboyTV & Showbiz FeaturesHugh Hefner
Comments are subject to our community guidelines, which can be viewed here.
13 COMMENTS
Nudes are played out.
Send me a video of you reading out loud so I know you are not dumb and your profile picture is actually you.

Free Rice - feed the world - play for free
National Domestic Violence Hotline - 1-800-799-7233
National Rape, Sexual Assault Hotline - 1-800-656-4673
Love Is Respect - 1-866-331-9474

~~~ accept everything - Believe Whatever - TRUST NOTHING ~~~~

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Never tell all you know...

Disclaimer: The opinions are my own. Nobody else wants them.

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links