[Member Profile] deepdiver32073

Post by deepdiver32073 »

Meet deepdiver32073

Forum Profile

Quick Facts

Name: Bruce Paulk
Nickname(s): deepdiver32073, DD
Date of Birth: May 5, 1957
Hometown: Middleburg, FL (near Jacksonville)
Height: 6†™ ¢‚¬„¢¢‚¬Å¡‚¢†™‚¢‚¢¢¢‚¬Å¡‚¬¦‚¡¢‚¬Å¡‚¬†™‚¢‚¢¢¢‚¬Å¡‚¬¦‚¾¢‚¬Å¡‚¢ 0†™ ¢‚¬„¢¢‚¬Å¡‚¢†™‚¢‚¢¢¢‚¬Å¡‚¬¦‚¡¢‚¬Å¡‚¬?
Weight: 175 lbs
Ethnicity: Caucasian
Religion: searching
Sign: Taurus

Freestyle

Likes: anything to do with the water: SCUBA, swimming, boating, fishing, skiing. Riding my Harley. Being online chatting with friends. Cooking (really!!!). Giving massages to friends and family.

Dislikes: Nagging, whining, and bitching. Backstabbers. Being 100†™ ¢‚¬„¢¢‚¬Å¡‚¢†™‚¢‚¢¢¢‚¬Å¡‚¬¦‚¡¢‚¬Å¡‚¬†™‚¢‚¢¢¢‚¬Å¡‚¬¦‚¾¢‚¬Å¡‚¢ down and my tank runs dry (never happened, but I would hate it).

Unless I told you, you would never know that I: know how to make nitroglycerine (made it when I was 13)

Favorite Quote: †™ ¢‚¬„¢¢‚¬Å¡‚¢†™‚¢‚¢¢¢‚¬Å¡‚¬¦‚¡¢‚¬Å¡‚¬†™‚¢‚¢¢¢‚¬Å¡‚¬¦‚¾¢‚¬Å¡‚¢Tis better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
[hr:3601aff45c]

Self Perception:

Positive: I am very open-minded and enjoy having friends from all walks of life and different viewpoints. I am extremely easy-going and slow to anger. I am always the one that people come to for advice because I don†™ ¢‚¬„¢¢‚¬Å¡‚¢†™‚¢‚¢¢¢‚¬Å¡‚¬¦‚¡¢‚¬Å¡‚¬†™‚¢‚¢¢¢‚¬Å¡‚¬¦‚¾¢‚¬Å¡‚¢t judge, I just listen. I am intelligent and intuitive and use both to figure things out.

Negative: I tend to procrastinate and am passive/aggressive. Though slow to anger, once that breaking point has been reached, I tend to be explosive; I†™ ¢‚¬„¢¢‚¬Å¡‚¢†™‚¢‚¢¢¢‚¬Å¡‚¬¦‚¡¢‚¬Å¡‚¬†™‚¢‚¢¢¢‚¬Å¡‚¬¦‚¾¢‚¬Å¡‚¢ve never killed anyone, but I†™ ¢‚¬„¢¢‚¬Å¡‚¢†™‚¢‚¢¢¢‚¬Å¡‚¬¦‚¡¢‚¬Å¡‚¬†™‚¢‚¢¢¢‚¬Å¡‚¬¦‚¾¢‚¬Å¡‚¢ve come close several times†™ ¢‚¬„¢¢‚¬Å¡‚¢†™‚¢‚¢¢¢‚¬Å¡‚¬¦‚¡¢‚¬Å¡‚¬†™¢¢¬…¡¢‚¬Å¡‚¦ really.

Assumed Perception: Most everyone would see me as a laid-back, easy-going guy who loves life. They would perceive me as a caring person. There are a few people out there that know that I can have a dark nature at times, but they are few and far between

Questions and Answers

1. Do you tend to make decisions using your intuition and/or feelings or do you tend to use your knowledge and/or intelligence? Would you change that if you could? I tend to use both and, depending on the situation, use one or the other more heavily. Most of my decisions have been sound and sane and generally pass the test of time, so I don†™ ¢‚¬„¢¢‚¬Å¡‚¢†™‚¢‚¢¢¢‚¬Å¡‚¬¦‚¡¢‚¬Å¡‚¬†™‚¢‚¢¢¢‚¬Å¡‚¬¦‚¾¢‚¬Å¡‚¢t think I†™ ¢‚¬„¢¢‚¬Å¡‚¢†™‚¢‚¢¢¢‚¬Å¡‚¬¦‚¡¢‚¬Å¡‚¬†™‚¢‚¢¢¢‚¬Å¡‚¬¦‚¾¢‚¬Å¡‚¢d want to change that.

2. Do you judge yourself more harshly than you judge others? Definitely! I†™ ¢‚¬„¢¢‚¬Å¡‚¢†™‚¢‚¢¢¢‚¬Å¡‚¬¦‚¡¢‚¬Å¡‚¬†™‚¢‚¢¢¢‚¬Å¡‚¬¦‚¾¢‚¬Å¡‚¢m much more forgiving of others than myself.

3. Is the praise of others more important than your own sense of competence? Nope, not at all. Though I like to hear words of praise, I don†™ ¢‚¬„¢¢‚¬Å¡‚¢†™‚¢‚¢¢¢‚¬Å¡‚¬¦‚¡¢‚¬Å¡‚¬†™‚¢‚¢¢¢‚¬Å¡‚¬¦‚¾¢‚¬Å¡‚¢t need them. I get all the validation I need from within my self. I know when I†™ ¢‚¬„¢¢‚¬Å¡‚¢†™‚¢‚¢¢¢‚¬Å¡‚¬¦‚¡¢‚¬Å¡‚¬†™‚¢‚¢¢¢‚¬Å¡‚¬¦‚¾¢‚¬Å¡‚¢ve done a good job and I know it sooner than anyone else.

Rate Questions

(Not good at all - Not so good - Average - Pretty Good - Exceptional)

How would you rate your ability to communicate and keep a conversation going..? Pretty good.

How would you rate your ability to flow, despite a lack of knowledge on a subject..? Excellent†™ ¢‚¬„¢¢‚¬Å¡‚¢†™‚¢‚¢¢¢‚¬Å¡‚¬¦‚¡¢‚¬Å¡‚¬†™¢¢¬…¡¢‚¬Å¡‚¦ I†™ ¢‚¬„¢¢‚¬Å¡‚¢†™‚¢‚¢¢¢‚¬Å¡‚¬¦‚¡¢‚¬Å¡‚¬†™‚¢‚¢¢¢‚¬Å¡‚¬¦‚¾¢‚¬Å¡‚¢ve got a Masters in Bullshit. LOL

If you lack understanding or knowledge, are you willing to learn about something..? Absolutely. The day you stop learning is the day you start dying.

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
AYHJA

Post by AYHJA »

Fellow AF Member based on your experience in the forums, rate deepdiver32073 ..!

How would you rate deepdiver32073 when it comes to:

His ability to communicate and keep a conversation going..?
Exceptional

DD is one of the oldest, wisest, and most accomplished members here, socially and professioanlly...He could probably hobnob on experience alone, let alone being intelligent enough to go into depth...

His ability to flow, despite a lack of knowledge on a subject..?
Exceptional

Because of the things I mentioned above, along with good common sense...In my experience with him, I can't even say I've seen a subject he can't go into depth on, and if I did, it would be more of an explicit exposure thing, than something he totally is clueless about...

His willingness to learn about a subject he has little to no knowledge of..?
Exceptional

DD is everywhere...In every forum...If he doesn't know something, I either haven't seen it, or it hasn't been made apparent to me in that way...It would be hard to not be willing to learn, and be in as many places as he is...

Is there anything you would like to add about your feelings or dealings with deepdiver32073 that other members might want to know..?

As I've said before, if the forum goes down, DD is the first person to send an email...I truly believe that if something were to happen to the site, he'd have a breakdown, LoL...He is a fun poster, a serious poster...Well educated, helpful...An active and involved member that treats the site like I would intend it to...Like it is his own...He welcomes people, is a teacher, and a wide influence without being overwhelming...He is, without embellishment of any kind, the prototype AF member...I truly believe he is me 20 years from now...Hell, I just noticed our birthdays are even 5 days apart...I revere him like I do few people, in this forum or elsewhere...He is the AF member blueprint, hands down...

If I had something bad to say about DD, its that he has a life and thus can't live on the site like I do, CDR...

After reading his profile, if you could ask deepdiver32073 a question what would it be..?

As if we didn't give you shit about being AF's old dog, LoL, what I really want to know is how at your age you seem to have such a healthy lifestyle..! You seem to be very active, and in great physical shape...You'd probably look good in lime green... /:D" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt=":D" /> What made you decide to be physically active at your age, or were you always this way..? And how do you keep it up in the face of time..? (Maybe not being able to do certain things you used to do, etc.)
ImageImage
Image Image

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
deepdiver32073
Iconoclast Extraordinaire

Post by deepdiver32073 »

As if we didn't give you shit about being AF's old dog, LoL, what I really want to know is how at your age you seem to have such a healthy lifestyle..! You seem to be very active, and in great physical shape...You'd probably look good in lime green... What made you decide to be physically active at your age, or were you always this way..? And how do you keep it up in the face of time..? (Maybe not being able to do certain things you used to do, etc.)

I'm really not nearly as active as I'd like to be. I have a tendency to be a couch potato and computer junkie instead of getting out in the yard and doing what I know needs to be done (your fault A! LOL). I am at the weight where I feel healthiest, I just need to move some of it around a bit. I've always liked doing sports, especially football, but in HS was not big enough to play, so I played back lot, full contact, no pads football. I've had my fingers broken, 3 ribs broken, and too many sprained ankles to count. I also broke my youngest brother's collar bone on a game saving tackle (right before my other brother drove his shoulder into my side giving me the 3 broken ribs). So I got around my size restriction. I didn't break 100 lbs until the summer before my Sr. year.

I'm being constantly reminded that I can't do the same things I could do 20 years ago or even 10. This weekend I pulled my hamstring doing God knows what. So, I try to do things that don't stress the old body so much. SCUBA is my lifeline there. The only stressful part is hauling all the gear down to the water or the boat. That shit weighs a ton! The attitude I have had since I reached my 40's is that I don't want to grow up. I may grow older, my hair may be starting to turn a little gray, I may give out of breath sooner than I did 20 years ago, but dammit, I will not go quietly! I still like to have fun, and do things with my kids and other younger people. I don't like the thought that in a year and 4 months I'll be eligible for membership in the AARP. I don't ever want to act "old" like my grandparents and parents did. Even if I get to the point where I can't physically do an activity, I can still participate and enjoy it. And I will find something else to do that may not be quite so physically taxing, but will still be challenging. FYI, I've just started getting into competitive shooting. I'll let y'all know how that goes. Stay young forever... that's my goal.

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
trashtalkr
Sports Guru

Post by trashtalkr »

ellow AF Member based on your experience in the forums, rate deepdiver32073 ..!

Exceptional

Always posting in threads and keeping it on track....most of the time

Exceptional

He's great at this. Like he said, he's a master at bullshitting but it really doesn't seem like it. He does it so well....

Pretty good

He's active everywhere and seems to know quite a bit. He seems to bullshit a little too much to recieve the exceptional but it was a hard decision not to give it to you.

Is there anything you would like to add about your feelings or dealings with deepdiver32073 that other members might want to know..?

DD is awesome and I'm glad that he's here. He posts interesting POVs and always cracks a joke at the right time. Definately a premier member of this site and well respected. He's able to come up with great jokes and also be extremely serious and compassionate when the time calls for it

After reading his profile, if you could ask deepdiver32073 a question what would it be..?

You're quite a bit older than me and I love getting advice from the elders....

As I'm getting ready to head off to college what should I be looking for? Any good advice for me?
"If there were no eternal consciousness in a man, if at the bottom of everything there were only a wild ferment, a power that twisting in dark passions produced everything great or inconsequential; if an unfathomable insatiable emptiness lay hid beneath everything, what would life be but despair?"

Soren Kierkegaard

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
deepdiver32073

Post by deepdiver32073 »

Always posting in threads and keeping it on track....most of the time Yeah... when I'm not having one of my "Senior moments" LOL

You're quite a bit older than me and I love getting advice from the elders....
As I'm getting ready to head off to college what should I be looking for? Any good advice for me?

Gosh, that's hard. It really is. When I first went to college, I was pre-Med, but my heart wasn't really into it (that and I was totally overwhelmed by the college experience at first), so I didn't do too good. My 2nd year, I changed majors to Music and really loved it. It didn't set me up for life outside of college though. If I had wanted to teach music, that would have been OK, but I knew I didn't want to teach, so I had a nice degree with no idea what to do with it.

If I had to do it over again, I'd at least add some courses that would have given me more marketable skills. What I have today, I've picked up on my own, self-taught. Find something you really enjoy and ask yourself, "Could I do this the rest of my life, and can I make a decent living doing it?" Then work your ass off to make your dreams come true. College is a great experience not only for what it teaches you in class, but what it teaches you about responsibility and making it in life. The profs won't care if you show up or not... that's up to you. They get paid the same if you make an 'A' or an 'F'; it's on your head to make the most out of it.

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
BFG9000
Terminator Mama!

Post by BFG9000 »

Fellow AF Member based on your experience in the forums, rate trashtalkr..!

Excellent...this guy is the walking encyclopedia of conversations!

Excellent...I have never know him to flinch from a issue

Excellent...DD is probably got his head stuck inside the monitor of his computer looking up facts!

Besides AYHJA, Deepdiver is one of the most trustworthy people I know of. DD is always supportive and has always thrown in his two cents worth on a topic.
He has helped me in the past to learn how to work this crazy forum and for that I'm grateful.

Where do you get the subjects for your posts from, Internet or Personal experiences?

MARK ALLEN PORTWOOD!!

"I'M SWEET, BUT FUCK WITH ME AND I'LL MOP THE FLOOR WITH YOU" - SHIRLEY MANSON

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
deepdiver32073

Post by deepdiver32073 »

Where do you get the subjects for your posts from, Internet or Personal experiences?

A little of both actually. I'm a pretty regular guy, I've just got more years on me than many in here and that usually translates to more experiences (I think though that raum has me beat even though he's younger than I am by half). I just try and find stuff I'm interested in or am pretty sure others here would be interested in. If I've got enough experience/material at hand, I'll go with it (though I like to gather stuff from the internet too).

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links
Deepak

Post by Deepak »

Fellow AF Member based on your experience in the forums, rate deepdiver32073 ..!

Exceptional

Exceptional

Exceptional

Although I dont think I know something that he doesnt already know.

Is there anything you would like to add about your feelings or dealings with trashtalkr that other members might want to know..?
To be honest I dont really post in too many of the sections in this forum and this is the only forum that I actually belong to and make enough time to log in almost everyday and do not really make too many posts. But from what I have seen is that DD is always ready to get into the middle of things and offer his POV and make what he feels known in a very constructive manner. And he is always ready to help. Which is really neat.

As it seems you have acquired a lot of knowledge in your life about a lot of things. But what to you is the most important thing that you have learnt in all of your life till now? And how did it come about your learning that ?
WHEN THE RICH WAGE WAR ITS THE POOR WHO DIE

BBcode:
Hide post links
Show post links